+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ for Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse)

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hello, hope I'm in the right thread.
It seems like everyone does the CSQ before their application so I've had a hard time finding information online regrding wait times and delays. We've submitted an inland spousal sponsorship application (by mail) in May 2022. This is our current timeline:
- Application sent: May 2022
- AOR: June 2022
- Medical exams request, sent and received: July 2022
- *Update from IIRC to do the QC "undertaking application": Nov 2022
- Documents sent to the QC gov: Nov 2022
- CSQ received and approved: Jan 2023
To our knowledge, we have already sent every documents required.

Since Jan, no updates.
We thought the CSQ approval was the last leg of the application and that we'd receive an update about PR within 3 months from that, but we haven't gotten any news in 4 months. When I verify the application online, it says "In progress". The last update is Medical exams received in July 2022 and it hasn't changed since then.
*The letter from the IIRC for this step mentioned "Please provide evidence that you have submitted the undertaking application to MIFI". We overlooked this and never updated the IIRC directly, however at this point we've received the CSQ which mentions they have provided a copy to the IIRC and we have nothing else to provide at the moment while we wait for PR.

I've tried linking our application to an account online with no success. We're considering doing a GCMS but wanted to hear if anyone has been in a similar situation and had any insights to provide.
Any clue on the delays?
Hello, I am from February 2022, you have to send the CSQ by web form or by mail to your VO, do not expect MIFi to do it even if they tell you because they always make mistakes and do not send it, and in the end you are The only one responsible if the federal government did not receive your CSQ, they will tell you that, send it as soon as possible. what is your VO?

Reactions: Charbk

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hello, who has the VO Mexico, I am an applicant for February 25, 2022, I have already passed the medical, biometric, and criminal record exams, I only lack eligibility but so far I have not received a response from them and I am already waiting for month 15. Someone in my same situation. Who has experience with Mexico?

marakh

Mar 13, 2023
Hello, I am from February 2022, you have to send the CSQ by web form or by mail to your VO, do not expect MIFi to do it even if they tell you because they always make mistakes and do not send it, and in the end you are The only one responsible if the federal government did not receive your CSQ, they will tell you that, send it as soon as possible. what is your VO?
I will have to disagree.
I know multiple cases where Mifi informed IRCC and the applicants did not have to send anything to IRCC.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I also decided against of explicitly sending it. IRCC sends a reminder with deadline to provide the certificate if it hasn`t been received for few months. So if you have the CSQ and receive such letter from IRCC, then it`s a good idea to send the CSQ by yourself.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Is there anyone just recently applied for CSQ for spousal sponsorship and is in the early stage of waiting?
I'm curious, what status you (as a sponsor) will have in ECAS? DM or in progress?

If someone is willing to check - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do (login with sponsor's UCI!)
The question is: do they set DM right after SA not waiting for CSQ? Or they will change to DM after IRCC gets the CSQ.

barcastaff

Feb 14, 2023
Just want to add that I’ve received the CSQ on 6th Jan, and had transmitted a copy via the Webform. Still nothing after nearly five months now.

Inland common-law.

• Wow

tamale-123

May 23, 2023
Sharing my timeline as it might be helpful for some. (Inland Sponsorship by my Spouse — CPC Mississauga)

• Application submitted: August 5th, 2022
  • AOR: August 31st, 2022
  • Biometric Request: September 8th, 2022
  • Biometric Done: September 8th, 2022
  • Medical Request: August 31st, 2022
  • Medical done: September 10th, 2022
  • CSQ Request Letter: September 11th, 2022
  • Pre-arrival letter: September 13th, 2022
  • CSQ Application Mailed: March 3rd, 2023 (I had to renew my passport)
  • CSQ AOR: April 14th, 2023
  • CSQ Approval: May 15th, 2023 (CSQ Dated April 25th)
  • Submitted the CSQ through IRCC portal - May 22nd, 2023

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Sharing my timeline as it might be helpful for some. (Inland Sponsorship by my Spouse — CPC Mississauga)

• Application submitted: August 5th, 2022
  • AOR: August 31st, 2022
  • Biometric Request: September 8th, 2022
  • Biometric Done: September 8th, 2022
  • Medical Request: August 31st, 2022
  • Medical done: September 10th, 2022
  • CSQ Request Letter: September 11th, 2022
  • Pre-arrival letter: September 13th, 2022
  • CSQ Application Mailed: March 3rd, 2023 (I had to renew my passport)
  • CSQ AOR: April 14th, 2023
  • CSQ Approval: May 15th, 2023 (CSQ Dated April 25th)
  • Submitted the CSQ through IRCC portal - May 22nd, 2023
Hello, Thank you very much. I am from February 25, 2022. I have the CSQ approved by Quebec since September 2022 and I am still waiting for final approval from the federal government. Hopefully we will have good news very soon. Today I am waiting 15 months. Does anyone else have a case similar to mine?

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
Does anyone know where the CSQ request letter is supposed to come? Does it come in GCkey or some other platform?

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
The request for CSQ is on the sponsor approval letter.
I haven’t received a sponsorship approval letter as of yet… yesterday we received a pre arrival letter.

medical is passed, biometrics, background and eligibility.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I haven’t received a sponsorship approval letter as of yet… yesterday we received a pre arrival letter.

medical is passed, biometrics, background and eligibility.
I find this a bit unusual. Normally they don't go that far without SA and CSQ.
You may have missed it. Check your status in the PR tracker (you must register with sponsor UCI)..

SA comes via simple email to sponsor's address. The same you got your AOR

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
I find this a bit unusual. Normally they don't go that far without SA and CSQ.
You may have missed it. Check your status in the PR tracker (you must register with sponsor UCI)..

SA comes via simple email to sponsor's address. The same you got your AOR
Is the SA supposed to come in GCkey? Or another platform?

thanks for your replies, it’s very helpful.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Is the SA supposed to come in GCkey? Or another platform?

thanks for your replies, it’s very helpful.
No it comes usually by email attachment pdf to the sponsor. Check your junk just in case. Because it takes a bit of time to get the CSQ. Get on it quick. If you really didn’t receive sponsor approval I suggest you call ircc and ask it to be resent