+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ for Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse)

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Hello,
I'm new to the Quebec sponsor program. I have a concern regarding what's written in guide 5196 under ' Sponsor living in Quebec '. Would really appreciate it if someone can clear this up for me.
The part thats confusing me says " Sponsors living in Quebec must only submit the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344), the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) and provide the required documents. To determine if you have the financial..... "

So what I'm understanding from this is just these 2 forms and payment receipt ( item 1, 3 and 7 from the forms list ) and item 10 and 11 from the document list since I alone will be sponsoring my wife. No Schedule A - Background/Declaration IMM5669? (Item 5 )? I feel like it's an important document to include and I want to know if you guys sent it in your application.

Also how will the visa officer know that I am sponsoring as a quebec resident?

Thankyou again!
You need to fill out these forms:
IMM 0008
IMM 1344
IMM5532
IMM 5406
IMM5669

As for Quebec, once you fill out these docs, they ask you in several places for your address in Canada, therefore they will know that you are in Quebec. Once federal start processing your file and you finish the medical exam etc, they send you documents to attach to the separate Quebec application.

Check this link:
https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

omar255

Jun 16, 2022
You need to fill out these forms:
IMM 0008
IMM 1344
IMM5532
IMM 5406
IMM5669

As for Quebec, once you fill out these docs, they ask you in several places for your address in Canada, therefore they will know that you are in Quebec. Once federal start processing your file and you finish the medical exam etc, they send you documents to attach to the separate Quebec application.

Check this link:
https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Thanks for the quick reply!
Just one more question. Form 5532 and 5406 are not in the application package, how come they need to be included? Also for IMM5669 background/Declaration only my wife needs to fill it out right?

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Thanks for the quick reply!
Just one more question. Form 5532 and 5406 are not in the application package, how come they need to be included? Also for IMM5669 background/Declaration only my wife needs to fill it out right?
Honestly i dont remember, maybe smthg has changed, just use the link i sent you, all the info is there.

rp9829

May 23, 2022
Hello,
I'm new to the Quebec sponsor program. I have a concern regarding what's written in guide 5196 under ' Sponsor living in Quebec '. Would really appreciate it if someone can clear this up for me.
The part thats confusing me says " Sponsors living in Quebec must only submit the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344), the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) and provide the required documents. To determine if you have the financial..... "

So what I'm understanding from this is just these 2 forms and payment receipt ( item 1, 3 and 7 from the forms list ) and item 10 and 11 from the document list since I alone will be sponsoring my wife. No Schedule A - Background/Declaration IMM5669? (Item 5 )? I feel like it's an important document to include and I want to know if you guys sent it in your application.

Also how will the visa officer know that I am sponsoring as a quebec resident?

Thankyou again!
I have no idea what guide 5196 is. I never came across that. May be it's for some particular country. But I am sure they will come to know that you're applying from Quebec in IMM0008 where in Q5 they ask 'Where do you intend to live?' Also, IMM5669 is really important. Make sure you fill out the right forms from the package by checking this website: Sponsoring your spouse, partner or dependent child (canada.ca)

Harpreet2013

Aug 1, 2019
Here’s my timeline:
IRCC application submitted: Jan 29, 2022
IRCC Application number received: Apr 09, 2022
Biometrics request: Apr 28, 2022
CSQ Request letter from IRCC: Apr 28, 2022
CSQ application received at MIFI: May 03, 2022
CSQ AOR: May 24, 2022
CSQ approval (from confirmation on call): June 08, 2022
CSQ received by mail: June 13, 2022
Can u tell me if u sent 2 copies of undertaking form since one is to be returned????

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Not sure. I had read that somewhere before the website was updated. Check their website, they might have removed that requirement.
Hmm, when I filled in my forms with the agent. He told me to not give 2 copies. It was the older version. But new one just requires one copy. The website doesn't state about the copies. Can you send me if you find please?

jgggg

Feb 24, 2022
Congrats!! Seeing updates make us feel good!
Can you post your timeline?
Application submitted: Dec 6, 2021
AOR: March 03, 2022
Biometric Request: March 03, 2022
Biometric Done: March 8, 2022
Medical Request : March 14,2022
Medical done: March 15,2022
CSQ Request Letter: March 4, 2022
CSQ Application Mailed: March 11, 2022
CSQ Received by MIFI via Canadapost: March 14, 2022
CSQ AOR: March 25, 2022 via post ( Letter dated from March 23, 2022)
CSQ Approval: June 15 received by mail(CSQ Dated June 10)
Remaining process is pending from federal side

Olegikom

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Марке suivre Vous devez: • remplir le présent Formulaire en deux exampleaires en vous basant sur les renseignements que vous avez fournis dans la requeste de parrainage qui a été jugée recevable par Immigration, réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) et inclure seulement les personnes parrainées inscrites dans cette requirede ;

Harpreet2013

Aug 1, 2019
Guys in csq undertaking form they asked about use of representative...are they asking about only csq application or federal one ? I used for federal application so should i answer yes

or no ???