+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ for Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse)

GSM786

Feb 6, 2022
Hello Guys, I have a question in regards to Online Spouse sponsorship....I had applied to sponsor my wife in Feb 2022 from Quebec.
Her file is in process and I am presently waiting for her CSQ. However, it's been more than 2 months that I have been waiting for her CSQ and it's still in processing. Here's my timeline for CSQ:

MIFI received my CSQ application: 18 May 2022
CSQ AOR : 3 June 2022

I called them today and they said they are still processing files submitted until 29th of April.

In the meantime I got a job offer from Ontario and have the option to move there in which case I won't need the CSQ. However, I am a bit hesitant to change my address or change destination while her file is in process?

Do you guys think moving out of Quebec or changing address mid process may negatively impact processing time for my sponsorship file?

Hanouni

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Hi guys i have a question if someone receive their copr while they are inside canada as a visitor do they need to leave and get back in? Or what do they do?

Raijan

Jul 5, 2022
Hi guys i have a question if someone receive their copr while they are inside canada as a visitor do they need to leave and get back in? Or what do they do?
There is this thing that is called "flagpoling". Basically when you receive your PR visa, you can go to the US border and tell them that you're not seeking entry into the US. You say that you want to go back to the Canadian border and complete your PR interview. They'll give you a paper to sign acknowledging that you're not looking to enter the US. Then, you drive back to the Canadian border and show your PR visa to the CBSA officer. You'll go through an interview and they'll give you a document saying that you're officially a permanent resident. The officer will then cancel the pr visa that is on your passport and they'll also revoke your temporary immigration documents (work permit). You'll get your PR card a few weeks later. As soon as you re-enter in Canada, you can go to a service Canada office and get your new SIN number. I'm not sure if flagpoling still exist. I went through this a few years ago and it was pre-covid. You can contact ircc on Twitter. They are very responsive

Reactions: Hanouni

Hanouni

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
There is this thing that is called "flagpoling". Basically when you receive your PR visa, you can go to the US border and tell them that you're not seeking entry into the US. You say that you want to go back to the Canadian border and complete your PR interview. They'll give you a paper to sign acknowledging that you're not looking to enter the US. Then, you drive back to the Canadian border and show your PR visa to the CBSA officer. You'll go through an interview and they'll give you a document saying that you're officially a permanent resident. The officer will then cancel the pr visa that is on your passport and they'll also revoke your temporary immigration documents (work permit). You'll get your PR card a few weeks later. As soon as you re-enter in Canada, you can go to a service Canada office and get your new SIN number. I'm not sure if flagpoling still exist. I went through this a few years ago and it was pre-covid. You can contact ircc on Twitter. They are very responsive
Thanks

ssanaa

Jul 8, 2022
Hi everyone, just want it to know that I am sponsoring my husband who is in Germany and I submitted my application on 17 February 2022. And I’ve send now the csq on May 30 and was wondering how long does it take starting from this year to receive the AOR and then the CSQ? I though things would be done in under 1-2 months after sending the CSQ but I am reading that it takes at least 5-6 months to receive CSQ and after that again few months till the sponsorship is complete, is that true? I would like to know how many months should I tell myself it will take till the sponsorship is complete?

Hanouni

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Hi everyone, just want it to know that I am sponsoring my husband who is in Germany and I submitted my application on 17 February 2022. And I’ve send now the csq on May 30 and was wondering how long does it take starting from this year to receive the AOR and then the CSQ? I though things would be done in under 1-2 months after sending the CSQ but I am reading that it takes at least 5-6 months to receive CSQ and after that again few months till the sponsorship is complete, is that true? I would like to know how many months should I tell myself it will take till the sponsorship is complete?
The max would be a year since submitting the application based on what’s written on the website so I don’t think it would be less than 8-9 months

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Hello guys,

I called today MIFI and the lady said my application is ACCEPTED dated today and I should receive by next week.

CSQ MAILED : May 22022
CSQ RECEIVED VIA CANADAPOST : May 27, 2022
CSQ AOR : July 13, 2022
CSQ Accepted on call: July 8, 2022

All the best to you all. I really hope those who are still waiting gets a response quickly

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hola, chicos,

Llamé hoy a MIFI y la señora dijo que mi solicitud se ACEPTA con fecha de hoy y que debería recibirla la próxima semana.

CSQ ENVIADO: Mayo 22022
CSQ RECIBIDO A TRAVÉS DE CANADAPOST: 27 de mayo de 2022
CSQ AOR: 13 de julio de 2022
CSQ Aceptado de guardia: 8 de julio de 2022

Todo lo mejor para todos ustedes. Realmente espero que aquellos que todavía están esperando reciban una respuesta rápidamente.
[/COTIZAR]
en qué oficina VO está procesando sus documentos