+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ Expiring - Federal Stage- What should be done?

Vince26

Aug 12, 2017
A question: A CSQ is considered valid until a decision is made if "received " before the expiration date. Is "received" the date the package arrived by mail, or the date they actually sent the "Letter of receipt acknowledgement"?

My CSQ expires in November, and I'm sending the application today (August). I'm ok if they consider the date of the post office, but if the date is the one they open the package and send the letter of acknowledgement" who knows when that will be...

The CSQ must be valid at the time they received in CIO.. meaning once they received in their mailroom.. so dont worry.. your AOR will be forwarded to you soon..

Cheers!

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A question: A CSQ is considered valid until a decision is made if "received " before the expiration date. Is "received" the date the package arrived by mail, or the date they actually sent the "Letter of receipt acknowledgement"?

My CSQ expires in November, and I'm sending the application today (August). I'm ok if they consider the date of the post office, but if the date is the one they open the package and send the letter of acknowledgement" who knows when that will be...
When CIC sends the AOR, it states clearly the date of receipt in their mailing room:

" This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on xxxx/xx/xx" Which is exactly the deliver date by courier.

You are good to go, just make sure you have all the necessary documents and track your package!
Good luck