+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ Expiring - Federal Stage- What should be done?

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
Dears,

I am one of some applicants who have their application processed by ADVO
My CSQ is Expiring on June 2018- I am in federal Stage.
I need some advice
Does anyone have previous experience and can share it here with me/ us? or anyone knows the right procedure to get the CSQ renewed?

Thank you

fayfeily

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
As you read along the letter from Quebec government when they send you the CSQ. I think once you submitted your application to Federal then Quebec will also know this. Therefore, if your CSQ is going to expire soon then they will send you a new one extend the period of CSQ. That's what i understand.

If someone have experience please share or you can make a call to Quebec to check this out. Thanks

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
As you read along the letter from Quebec government when they send you the CSQ. I think once you submitted your application to Federal then Quebec will also know this. Therefore, if your CSQ is going to expire soon then they will send you a new one extend the period of CSQ. That's what i understand.

If someone have experience please share or you can make a call to Quebec to check this out. Thanks
Thank you dear fayfeily.

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Dears,

I need some advice
Does anyone have previous experience and can share it here with me/ us? or anyone knows the right procedure to get the CSQ renewed?

Thank you
I will suggest to talk with MIDI, There is no auto system with MIDI, you should talk with MIDI before hoping you will get another CSQ automatically.

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
I will suggest to talk with MIDI, There is no auto system with MIDI, you should talk with MIDI before hoping you will get another CSQ automatically.

I just read online that IRCC has to request MIDI to renew the CSQ but only when it expires during the processing of the APR
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/quebec/making-final-decision.html

Reactions: azdazd and megoman

achref01

Sep 11, 2018
Dears,

I need some advice

Thank you
Hi,
I am in the same situation as you, did you receive a new CSQ? Was it automatic or did you request one your self from MIDI?

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
Hi,
I am in the same situation as you, did you receive a new CSQ? Was it automatic or did you request one your self from MIDI?
I am really sorry but I still did not get any response from MIDI
the request was done by my consultant since June I think.
I hope you started the federal already.. did you?

achref01

Sep 11, 2018
I am really sorry but I still did not get any response from MIDI
the request was done by my consultant since June I think.
I hope you started the federal already.. did you?
Yes I started the federal in April 2017 (more than 17 Months of waiting), My CSQ expired in June 2018 and I needed one to renew my working permit. When I called IRCC they said that they requested a new CSQ directly from MIDI, when I call MIDI they say they did not receive any request. I've been like a ping pong ball between them for a week until one day a MIDI agent told me that the law has changed on the 2nd of August and they no longer renew CSQs, it is always considered valid if it expires during the federal stage. Since I exceeded the "normal processing time for inland application", I thought that maybe the CSQ is blocking...

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
Yes I started the federal in April 2017 (more than 17 Months of waiting), My CSQ expired in June 2018 and I needed one to renew my working permit. When I called IRCC they said that they requested a new CSQ directly from MIDI, when I call MIDI they say they did not receive any request. I've been like a ping pong ball between them for a week until one day a MIDI agent told me that the law has changed on the 2nd of August and they no longer renew CSQs, it is always considered valid if it expires during the federal stage. Since I exceeded the "normal processing time for inland application", I thought that maybe the CSQ is blocking...

Hello achref01 here is some info about the CSQ:

"If the applicant’s CSQ is valid at the receipt of the application at the CIO, the CSQ will be considered valid until a decision is rendered on the permanent residence application by IRCC."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/quebec/validity-csqs-time-application.html

Reactions: achref01

frandoe

Oct 17, 2018
Hi,
Me too, I dunno what to think. This is what i found on the website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/quebec/making-final-decision.html

Valid Certificat de sélection du Québec
The CSQ must be valid at the time the applicant submits an application to IRCC. Once a valid CSQ is received by IRCC, it will be considered valid until a decision is rendered on the permanent residence application. If the CSQ validity date has expired in the Global Case Management System when a decision is to be taken, officers must manually update the “Valid To” field to the date that is equal to the validity of the medical results.

achref01

Sep 11, 2018
Me too, I dunno what to think. This is what i found on the website:

Valid Certificat de sélection du Québec
The CSQ must be valid at the time the applicant submits an application to IRCC. Once a valid CSQ is received by IRCC, it will be considered valid until a decision is rendered on the permanent residence application. If the CSQ validity date has expired in the Global Case Management System when a decision is to be taken, officers must manually update the “Valid To” field to the date that is equal to the validity of the medical results.
As mentioned in the link they will not renew your CSQ, they will consider the one you submitted valid until a decision is made

preethy jomon

Nov 20, 2015
KERALA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Med's Request
03-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Hello achref01 here is some info about the CSQ:

"If the applicant’s CSQ is valid at the receipt of the application at the CIO, the CSQ will be considered valid until a decision is rendered on the permanent residence application by IRCC."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/quebec/validity-csqs-time-application.html
So is it possible to land in Quebec with a expired CSQ? or do we need a renewed CSQ to land? I have heard CSQ is needed to apply health card.

achref01

Sep 11, 2018
So is it possible to land in Quebec with a expired CSQ? or do we need a renewed CSQ to land? I have heard CSQ is needed to apply health card.
I've got my permanent residency last month and my CSQ never got renewed. From what I heard it is validity is extended to match the validity of the medical exam. I did a flag pole to validate my permanent residency (going to the US then driving right back to Canada) and yes, I entered the Canadian border with an expired CSQ without any problems. It seems that once you got the confirmation, the CSQ expiry date does not matter. I also did my SIN and medical insurance with that same CSQ. Just note that I am inland, maybe for applicants from other counties the law is different.

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
I've got my permanent residency last month and my CSQ never got renewed. From what I heard it is validity is extended to match the validity of the medical exam. I did a flag pole to validate my permanent residency (going to the US then driving right back to Canada) and yes, I entered the Canadian border with an expired CSQ without any problems. It seems that once you got the confirmation, the CSQ expiry date does not matter. I also did my SIN and medical insurance with that same CSQ. Just note that I am inland, maybe for applicants from other counties the law is different.
The info I have is that no issues to land with an expired CSQ

Mthys

Aug 13, 2019
A question: A CSQ is considered valid until a decision is made if "received " before the expiration date. Is "received" the date the package arrived by mail, or the date they actually sent the "Letter of receipt acknowledgement"?

My CSQ expires in November, and I'm sending the application today (August). I'm ok if they consider the date of the post office, but if the date is the one they open the package and send the letter of acknowledgement" who knows when that will be...