+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ - Changing employers while in Québec

Jun 23, 2018
Hi, I have a few questions regarding my visa situation.

I'm currently:
1. in Québec
2. working for a company with a closed work permit (valid until April 2019)
3. I have a CSQ

I have received an offer from another employer and I'd like to accept it and switch jobs. As far as I know, this should be a relatively quick and simple process. I seem to understand that the employer has to submit a request online with an offer letter and a copy of my CSQ, and once that's processed I'm supposed to go to the border with an application number and I'll get my new work permit.

My questions are:
1. Where is the employer supposed to submit this application? Does anybody have a link?
2. Am I supposed to apply for the visa before or after I give my resignation to my current employer? I ask this because, assuming I get the new visa while still employed by the first company, I would come back from the border with a visa that says I'm only allowed to work for the second company. Would I be able to work my notice period with the first company, and be paid for it? Or should I resign first and apply for the visa later?

Thank you so much in advance to anybody who can help!

Reactions: meghnaram

meghnaram

Oct 24, 2016

I'm currently:
1. in Québec
3. I have a CSQ

I have received an offer from another employer and I'd like to accept it and switch jobs. As far as I know, this should be a relatively quick and simple process. I seem to understand that the employer has to submit a request online with an offer letter and a copy of my CSQ, and once that's processed I'm supposed to go to the border with an application number and I'll get my new work permit.

My questions are:
1. Where is the employer supposed to submit this application? Does anybody have a link?
2. Am I supposed to apply for the visa before or after I give my resignation to my current employer? I ask this because, assuming I get the new visa while still employed by the first company, I would come back from the border with a visa that says I'm only allowed to work for the second company. Would I be able to work my notice period with the first company, and be paid for it? Or should I resign first and apply for the visa later?

Hi,

I am also in similar situation, if you could tell me how you did manage the whole process and t change the job, it would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,
RT

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019

I'm currently:
1. in Québec
3. I have a CSQ

My questions are:

Hello please can you share your experience regarding this? Thank you