+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ (Certificat de sélection du Québec) Application

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am a foreign student in QC and I'd like to ask about the the application for CSQ (for getting PR in Canada). I've looked at similar questions elsewhere, but didn't find good answers. Maybe someone has already applied for CSQ in recent past? Any help would be appreciated! Anyways, my concern is about the following question:

"Avez-vous déjà présenté une demande de séjour temporaire au Canada?" [] Non [] Oui Province _______ Date _______

Thing is, I applied for CAQ and study permit before coming to Canada, but this was several years ago, and the question is kind of asking about recent time? In any case, I guess I would still check off "yes"... But what about the "Date"? Is it the date when I applied or when I received the document or maybe when the document entered into effect? Also, should it be the date for my study permit (and not CAQ), since the study permit is issued together with the TRP?

Thanks for your help.

Alex
Also, there are many sections that are not applicable to me, e.g. spouse or children. Do I just live them blank or should I write "S.O." (i.e. sans objet)?

katya0107

Jul 30, 2014
Hey Alex,

I'm in the process of applying for CSQ right now and I'm having the very question you asked above about the Question 10.

I would really appreciate if you could help me out with this question: how did you respond to it in the end?

Thank you very much in advance :)

Katya