+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ Application for Temporary foreign workers

shahrokh

Jun 19, 2017
Hi everybody,
I arrive in Quebec in Sep 2019 and I was holding a valid LMIA based work permit while MIFI changed the PEQ rules, so I'm not sure if I can apply my application with the previous rules which were in place before July 21, 2020, or I'll be treated with the new rules.
I also called the immigration call center a few times and they gave me different answers each time so they just confused me. I appreciate your answer if you have already have applied with a situation similar to mine.
Here is what they mentioned about the temporary foreign workers on the immigration website:
“Temporary foreign workers who hold a valid work permit or another authorization to work under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (SOR/2002/227) and who were living in Québec on July 21, 2020 will be able to submit an application for permanent selection based on the conditions in effect before July 22, 2020.”

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi everybody,
I arrive in Quebec in Sep 2019 and I was holding a valid LMIA based work permit while MIFI changed the PEQ rules, so I'm not sure if I can apply my application with the previous rules which were in place before July 21, 2020, or I'll be treated with the new rules.
I also called the immigration call center a few times and they gave me different answers each time so they just confused me. I appreciate your answer if you have already have applied with a situation similar to mine.
Here is what they mentioned about the temporary foreign workers on the immigration website:
“Temporary foreign workers who hold a valid work permit or another authorization to work under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (SOR/2002/227) and who were living in Québec on July 21, 2020 will be able to submit an application for permanent selection based on the conditions in effect before July 22, 2020.”
You are eligible under the old rules for peq.
-> Clearly stated in last paragraph shared by you.
All the best.