+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ and work extension

Droidrulz

Nov 24, 2016
Hello everyone,

I only have one question. I currently work in montreal and i hold the CSQ and also got the job offer + compliance fees were paid. Now, can i go directly to the border and in order to get the extension of my current work permit instead of submit it only? If i do it only it takes around 30 Days and my current visa is due to expire in less that 30 days.

Thank you very much in advance!

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Droidrulz said:
Hello everyone,

I only have one question. I currently work in montreal and i hold the CSQ and also got the job offer + compliance fees were paid. Now, can i go directly to the border and in order to get the extension of my current work permit instead of submit it only? If i do it only it takes around 30 Days and my current visa is due to expire in less that 30 days.

Thank you very much in advance!
Hi,

I am in the same situation as yours, my employer too got the LMIA exempt offer and he told me to go to border or my employer will apply online on my behalf. Can you reach me on sunil.always.says@gmail.com Would like to discuss a few more things related to our this little situation.

Droidrulz

Nov 24, 2016
Well,

Finally i went to the border, it was really good. i just showed to the officer the proper documents (CSQ + Offer of employment number + written job offer + Compliance fee payment probe). They issued the work permit from open to closed for 2 more years.

I hope this can help someone!

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Droidrulz said:
Well,

Finally i went to the border, it was really good. i just showed to the officer the proper documents (CSQ + Offer of employment number + written job offer + Compliance fee payment probe). They issued the work permit from open to closed for 2 more years.

I hope this can help someone!
Did you get closed quebec province work permit where you can work for any quebec employer or did you get the closed permit for the specific employer who got the paper work done for you. Please let us know for better understanding dear!!!

Droidrulz

Nov 24, 2016
unlimited2access said:
Did you get closed quebec province work permit where you can work for any quebec employer or did you get the closed permit for the specific employer who got the paper work done for you. Please let us know for better understanding dear!!!
I went to the closest border from Montreal, I had a open work permit (working holiday) and I asked my employer for the offer of employment and compliance fee in order to extend the work permit. The condition is that the extension become a closed work permit so I can only work in the company that supported me. (Specific employer)