+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSE response

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
I raised CSE to inquire my background check progress a week ago. I also called ircc the same day and unexpectedly got to talk to an agent(though didn't get much info from her). This morning(yes, on a Sunday morning), I received the below email from ircc. Does this mean they decided not to respond to my CSE as I already called?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service. Rest assured that our priority is to answer your needs.
If your enquiry has yet to be answered via other channels such as our phone agents, paid representatives,community centres, etc., please write back to us using the IRCC Web form.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Last edited:

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Same with me..when we called CIC, the agent had absolutely no idea about my application.

When submitted Web form last week got the above response
interesting. wondering if such an email will become the new norm for response. It's confusing though, whether we should still expect another response to our CSE.

Reactions: iamxty

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I raised CSE to inquire my background check progress a week ago. I also called ircc the same day and unexpectedly got to talk to an agent(though didn't get much info from her). This morning(yes, on a Sunday morning), I received the below email from ircc. Does this mean they decided not to respond to my CSE as I already called?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service. Rest assured that our priority is to answer your needs.
If your enquiry has yet to be answered via other channels such as our phone agents, paid representatives,community centres, etc., please write back to us using the IRCC Web form.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.
I also got it today at 7:58 pm SGT (6:58 am Ottawa). This is for the CSE that I raised on Wednesday but I already got the PPR :D

Reactions: summerxx

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
I also got it today at 7:58 pm SGT (6:58 am Ottawa). This is for the CSE that I raised on Wednesday but I already got the PPR :D
I got it on the same exact time (6:58 am Ottawa)
Then it must be the generic email to people they thought are no longer in need of their responses. That is wrong!

Reactions: iamxty

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
So it's because of the phone call I made after raising a CSE? do you happen to know?
No it's nothing to do with the phone call. It's just a generic response. We had exact same wording back in January, then a slightly different one last week. As I said, they word it differently, but the message is: 'We are working, if we need something we'll let you know, otherwise just wait'. I don't think it's an indication of a status of your application or how much more time it'll take - it's just their way of dealing quickly with queries by not really dealing with them :)
I do have sympathy for CIC - they get bombarded by questions from people who've been in the process for a month. We didn't bug them until we passed the 6 months mark and again after 7 months.

Reactions: Amer2visit

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
No it's nothing to do with the phone call. It's just a generic response. We had exact same wording back in January, then a slightly different one last week. As I said, they word it differently, but the message is: 'We are working, if we need something we'll let you know, otherwise just wait'. I don't think it's an indication of a status of your application or how much more time it'll take - it's just their way of dealing quickly with queries by not really dealing with them :)
I do have sympathy for CIC - they get bombarded by questions from people who've been in the process for a month. We didn't bug them until we passed the 6 months mark and again after 7 months.
yeh, I understand they have a heavy workload. But....I'm at my 12th month after AOR back in March 2017 :):):):) this is the first time I inquired status through CSE. guess I'll just keep being patient.

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
yeh, I understand they have a heavy workload. But....I'm at my 12th month after AOR back in March 2017 :):):):) this is the first time I inquired status through CSE. guess I'll just keep being patient.
Oh man that's a crazy long wait! I think you're within your right to want to know what's taking so long. You should give them a call because I've heard people say that sometimes you can get lucky with an agent and get more detailed info than the generic stufd you get through CSE.
Have you ordered notes? Are you in SS?

Reactions: Amer2visit

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
The rather shocking part is that people actually expected a relevant response to their query xD
Yea, I did. I received the PPR after raising the CSE :D

Reactions: MERCYANDGRACE5