File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have not applied yet here , Iam thinking to move to Cornwall and then apply .
but some of my friends who applied last year got there PR in 8-11 months.

I have not applied yet here , Iam thinking to move to Cornwall and then apply .
But some of my friends who applied last year in Montreal QC got there PR in 8-11 months here in Montreal .
Iam very confused right now what should I do .?
I can't make this decision for you. We are seeing some people move through in a shorter period of time but most are in waiting. There are several threads dedicated to this on the forum. Suggest you try to find them and read through them to help you make a decision. Ultimately you have to make this decision. No one here can do that for you.

Reactions: SethLePod

Ninjaturtle

Jan 2, 2012
Yes I'm so mad ... we are about to start the process and now I'm thinking of moving to Ontario because of this. It's insane and so unfair. What can we do? They will lose francophones in this process .. i can't move so easily because my daughter is in school now. I'm so annoyed!!!!! I wanna do something!

It's out there in the public media. It's public knowledge. I think Quebec was trying to hide behind IRCC for a while but IRCC essentially outed them and now we all know who is to blame. I would be absolutely screaming at my Quebec provincial rep if this was impacting me. Quebec has completely screwed people over. IRCC is actually trying to get Quebec to drop the caps because of the negative impacts to families but so far Quebec has refused. See one of many article below:

https://globalnews.ca/news/9891066/new-federal-immigration-minister-pressures-quebec-to-increase-family-reunification-capacity/

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I'm so mad ... we are about to start the process and now I'm thinking of moving to Ontario because of this. It's insane and so unfair. What can we do? They will lose francophones in this process .. i can't move so easily because my daughter is in school now. I'm so annoyed!!!!! I wanna do something!
I can't make that decision for you. You either stay in Quebec knowing you will likely face very long processing times or you move to a different province.

RajdeepC

Jul 14, 2016
I can't make that decision for you. You either stay in Quebec knowing you will likely face very long processing times or you move to a different province.
I read in some places, once you move, moving back immediately after your spouse get PR is considered a red flag/misrepresentation? is that true?
Also a guy mentioned that IRCC asked for his proof of income in Ontario once he moved so I can't tell whether a simple address change is sufficient or you have to change jobs and make sure you're getting paid in Ontario.

I am just trying to figure how long before the application can you move and then how long after do you have to stay put?

Edit: Its 41 months (as of Dec 5, 2023). Just insane.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I read in some places, once you move, moving back immediately after your spouse get PR is considered a red flag/misrepresentation? is that true?
Also a guy mentioned that IRCC asked for his proof of income in Ontario once he moved so I can't tell whether a simple address change is sufficient or you have to change jobs and make sure you're getting paid in Ontario.

I am just trying to figure how long before the application can you move and then how long after do you have to stay put?

Edit: Its 41 months (as of Dec 5, 2023). Just insane.
I don't think there is a fixed number of months they posted for staying in Ontario.
I simple "address change" will not do. You should really move out and start a new life in Ontario and do not try to "trick the system".

BTW you need to meet the residensial requirement in Ontario to be covered by OHIP. So read up on that too.

Reactions: RajdeepC

RajdeepC

Jul 14, 2016
I don't think there is a fixed number of months they posted for staying in Ontario.
I simple "address change" will not do. You should really move out and start a new life in Ontario and do not try to "trick the system".

BTW you need to meet the residensial requirement in Ontario to be covered by OHIP. So read up on that too.

Understood,
I will definitely look into the residential requirement and the OHIP coverage. thanks! :)
Could I ask you about what indeed happens if you decide to move back to Quebec while the SS in ongoing? My spouse will be looking at Post-doctoral positions (mostly Montreal) next year. If she secures one, will the WP be affected if a SS application is ongoing in Ontario? or vice versa i.e WP in a diff province and SS in QC?