+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cruel 24 months of waiting for Outland spousal sponsorship

Cryingfor help

Aug 30, 2023
My husband application has been in process for 13 months. primary visa office Mexico, secondary OSC-Operations support. Status of the application shows Open-TRF workload redistribution. background in process, eligibility been reviewed, biometrics n csq done. Info-Sharing completed. My MP is actually Marc Miller, the new immigration minister. Tried reaching out and got absolutely nowehere…

Reactions: T0pubo

Sir123

Sep 12, 2023
My husband application has been in process for 13 months. primary visa office Mexico, secondary OSC-Operations support. Status of the application shows Open-TRF workload redistribution. background in process, eligibility been reviewed, biometrics n csq done. Info-Sharing completed. My MP is actually Marc Miller, the new immigration minister. Tried reaching out and got absolutely nowehere…
Can you talk about the eligibility status? What does been reviewed mean? Should it say completed?

Olegikom

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Quebec is implementing its decision regarding 24 months. Today I called immigration about the deadline and receiving a COPR. The officer’s answer was simple and without explanation. If you are sponsoring outside Canada, you have 24 months, even if you started in 2022 and have a Quebec certificate .Like this.

vid_west

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Posting here so that this thread stays alive and reminds everyone how cruel the Quebec govt is for keeping apart families for 2 or more years.

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hi all,

Does anyone have any success stories of know of anyone who's had their spousal sponsorship case in Quebec processed before 24 months recently? Seems everyone who is applying for family reunification in Quebec is in the waiting game for years. Recently there's been an article pointing that 30,000 applications are in backlog, and knowing Quebec only takes 10,000 a year, that puts us far behind the line. So 3-4 years?

In English Canada many receive PR within 7-8 months. I'm considering relocating to Ontario for that exact purpose. Is it complicated changing a destination province once you've submitted your spousal sponsorship application? We submitted our application 6 months ago and have received AOR + CSQ.

We've been recently denied a spousal TRV due to "inconsistent purpose of stay", received several months after we applied, after Minister Fraser's announcement of 30-day spousal TRVs.

Thanks
A 7 days desert tour from casablanca is a remarkable journey that allows travelers to immerse themselves in the enchanting landscapes and rich cultural tapestry of Morocco. Starting in the bustling city of Casablanca, you'll visit iconic landmarks like the Hassan II Mosque before embarking on your desert adventure. The tour takes you through the mesmerizing Atlas Mountains, where you'll explore charming Berber villages and appreciate stunning vistas. As you venture further, you'll witness the breathtaking Sahara Desert, with its rolling dunes and serene oases. Camel treks and nights under the starry desert sky are among the highlights of this journey. You'll also have the opportunity to explore historic cities like Fes and Marrakech, each boasting their unique blend of architecture, tradition, and vibrant markets. This 7-day desert tour from Casablanca promises an unforgettable experience, combining the magic of the desert with the rich cultural heritage of Morocco.
It's understandable that the processing times for spousal sponsorship cases in Quebec have been a concern, given the backlog and the limited annual intake. While there may not be many recent success stories of processing times significantly shorter than 24 months in Quebec, it's important to remember that individual cases can vary, and factors like the completeness of your application and specific circumstances can influence the processing time. Regarding changing your destination province, it's typically possible to do so, but it might involve some administrative steps. Since you've already received your Certificate de sélection du Québec (CSQ), you may want to consult with immigration authorities and seek guidance on the process for transferring your application to another province, such as Ontario. It's essential to ensure all necessary documents are in order and that you follow the correct procedures. The denial of the spousal Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) can be frustrating, and you may want to reapply with a more carefully prepared application, addressing the reasons for the initial denial. Navigating the immigration system can be complex, so it's advisable to seek advice from an immigration professional or legal expert who can provide specific guidance for your situation. They can help you make informed decisions about changing your destination province and improving your spousal sponsorship application.

karankoma22

Apr 13, 2017
It's out there in the public media. It's public knowledge. I think Quebec was trying to hide behind IRCC for a while but IRCC essentially outed them and now we all know who is to blame. I would be absolutely screaming at my Quebec provincial rep if this was impacting me. Quebec has completely screwed people over. IRCC is actually trying to get Quebec to drop the caps because of the negative impacts to families but so far Quebec has refused. See one of many article below:

https://globalnews.ca/news/9891066/new-federal-immigration-minister-pressures-quebec-to-increase-family-reunification-capacity/
is this same with inland files in Quebec?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

karankoma22

Apr 13, 2017
I have not applied yet here , Iam thinking to move to Cornwall and then apply .
but some of my friends who applied last year got there PR in 8-11 months.
I have not applied yet here , Iam thinking to move to Cornwall and then apply .
But some of my friends who applied last year in Montreal QC got there PR in 8-11 months here in Montreal .
Iam very confused right now what should I do .?