+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS with multiple NOCs (FSW)

Sulail

Sep 21, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading around that in order to be eligible for a FSW, one of the requirements is 1 year continuous work experience under one NOC. The minimum score has be 67/100. So far all clear, as I have a year experience under NOC 4012.
I also read once you are in the pool you can claim points from multiple NOCs for for final CRS. Here, I am stuck. I have a 5.2 yr part-time experience that would be equivalent to 2.5yr full-time under NOC 4011. If I add up experiences from both NOCs will I be able to score for the experience of 3 yrs or above? If yes, do I get the same score for experience as a person who has worked under one NOC for past 3 years?
I am using https://www.cic.gc.ca/ calculator to get my CRS for? Can I select an option of 3-year or more (foreign) experience?
Am I on the right track? Can anyone with EE profile or ITA share experience which matches my case?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
You can claim multiple NOCs as long as it’s gained in the past 10 years and one of them (primary NOC) has one year of full time work experience.

candadream

Jun 24, 2021
You can claim multiple NOCs as long as it’s gained in the past 10 years and one of them (primary NOC) has one year of full time work experience.
Where did you read that (official source)

Many people says that FSW can only get points from the primary NOC in terms of CRS

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Where did you read that (official source)

Many people says that FSW can only get points from the primary NOC in terms of CRS
I’m saying this from experience. Not sure for pure FSWs. But I was able to claim points for 1 year of Canadian work experience and 3 years of foreign work experience. So that’s 3 lines in my work experience - change in designation and NOC in my foreign work experience.

candadream

Jun 24, 2021
I’m saying this from experience. Not sure for pure FSWs. But I was able to claim points for 1 year of Canadian work experience and 3 years of foreign work experience. So that’s 3 lines in my work experience - change in designation and NOC in my foreign work experience.
Just to clarify, those 3 years were not the same NOC, not the same employer, were not continuous, and where not in the same position?
If yes, then you are right!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Just to clarify, those 3 years were not the same NOC, not the same employer, were not continuous, and where not in the same position?
If yes, then you are right!
Same employer but split into two designations and two NOCs. With more than 1 year for each designation.

Rach WLT

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
Hi all,

I'm new here. Hope anyone answers my questions. I have over 8 years full-time experience outside Canada. But To show the proof, there are a few items that needed to be included like number of hours and annual salary which were not included in my employer testimonial of ex companies. I can easily show 4 years of experience from my current employer. But the previous employers some were already closed down. In the CRS calculator, foreign experience was considered all same as long as it is 3 years and above? Does it mean it is still enough if I showed my current experience of 4 years? Or is it better to show more experience ?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi all,

I'm new here. Hope anyone answers my questions. I have over 8 years full-time experience outside Canada. But To show the proof, there are a few items that needed to be included like number of hours and annual salary which were not included in my employer testimonial of ex companies. I can easily show 4 years of experience from my current employer. But the previous employers some were already closed down. In the CRS calculator, foreign experience was considered all same as long as it is 3 years and above? Does it mean it is still enough if I showed my current experience of 4 years? Or is it better to show more experience ?
You already answered you question. You get max points in the CRS calculator for 3 years of foreign work experience. Everything else is non value adding.

have you checked your FSW eligibility (six selection factors)? Is it over 67 points with 3 years foreign work experience? If yes, then proceed.

Rach WLT

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
Hi, thanks for your reply. For FSW eligibility, I can get 77 points if I declared 4-5 years experience option and 79 points if I can show 6 or more years of experience. Does it help to get more FSW points also? Or is it fine as long as 67 points mark has surpassed?

You already answered you question. You get max points in the CRS calculator for 3 years of foreign work experience. Everything else is non value adding.

have you checked your FSW eligibility (six selection factors)? Is it over 67 points with 3 years foreign work experience? If yes, then proceed.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi, thanks for your reply. For FSW eligibility, I can get 77 points if I declared 4-5 years experience option and 79 points if I can show 6 or more years of experience. Does it help to get more FSW points also? Or is it fine as long as 67 points mark has surpassed?
As long as you get 67 points, you’re already eligible under FSW. Additional points won’t bring additional value, it would just require you to provide docs to support those, so more work for you.