+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score for spouse's education inquiry

Decarbon

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

In the CRS calculator tool one of the questions if you are brining your spouse is:

What is the highest level of education for which your spouse or common-law partner's has:
  • earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)? (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
To earn points for the level of education does the level of education has to be from a Canadian institution?
My spouse has a degree but it is not from a Canadian university.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

In the CRS calculator tool one of the questions if you are brining your spouse is:

What is the highest level of education for which your spouse or common-law partner's has:
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)? (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
To earn points for the level of education does the level of education has to be from a Canadian institution?

Thanks
No, but your spouse needs an ECA for the degree to count the points.

Reactions: Decarbon

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Evaluate your spouse degree from https://www.wes.org/ca/. Create an account and follow the steps and generate a label. steps are straightforward.

Once you have the label, contact or visit the university, fill a form for the transcript and make sure the university itself will deliver the transcript to the WES. generally they give this option as well.