+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score change between ITA and application filing due to change of age

aswinqaqc

Jan 10, 2020
At the time of ITA my score was 472 and age 29.The cut off for that draw was 471.
But after ITA, my birthday came within 60 days and score dropped to 467 because of touching age 30 and I am yet to submit documents.
What I have to do to avoid refusal of visa or to notice visa officer of my exemption in case I am eligible. Should I send an explanation

Aish2601

Jan 29, 2020
Hi. I am in the exact same situation. I have done my research and it says the Age points freeze at the time of receiving the ITA and that it shouldn't be a problem. However, if someone who has received an invitation, despite similar circumstances, comments on the thread it would be very helpful for all of us in panic mode right now. Also, how exactly to point out this issue in the LOE?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Aish2601

Jan 29, 2020
hi. thanks, guys for the response. and I have done my fair share of reading...be it the letter from the Immigration Minister, the clauses for exemption (the public policy) and the note in the ITA...forum groups...etc.. but in all my research what I have not found is a person saying they had the same issue but received the PR nevertheless. Just hoping for reaffirmation, is all!
Amazing how people pray for an ITA but don't even bother to read the letter.