+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score 473

Kashyap1996

Jul 26, 2018
Hey guys,

My CRS score is 473 and in November it will be 486. My work permit is expiring in Feb 2024. Is there anyone else in the same situation? My field is Advertising. What are the other options for PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

My CRS score is 473 and in November it will be 486. My work permit is expiring in Feb 2024. Is there anyone else in the same situation? My field is Advertising. What are the other options for PR?
Your score is low based on current EE draws. You want to increase your score or look into PNP. You haven't said which province you're in so hard to comment on that.

- Have you maxed out your IELTS score?
- Consider taking an accelerated French langauge course so that you can take the French language test and get additional points.
- Assuming you are on a PGWP or other open work permit, have you asked your employer if they are willing to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can get additional job offer points?
- You were given a bunch of suggestions when you posted a similar question in June. Have you actioned any of those suggestions?

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
Your score is low based on current EE draws. You want to increase your score or look into PNP. You haven't said which province you're in so hard to comment on that.

- Consider taking an accelerated French langauge course so that you can take the French language test and get additional points.
- Assuming you are on a PGWP or other open work permit, have you asked your employer if they are willing to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can get additional job offer points?
- You were given a bunch of suggestions when you posted a similar question in June. Have you actioned any of those suggestions?
Your reply is very helpful. I am on one year PGWP and have a full time job in Toronto. My present CRS is 460, which is way below current minimum of 531. I am planning to take IELTS to improve my score. It is difficult to learn French from start within available time. Getting LMIA is also uncertain and depends on the employer. Getting 70 points more is not an easy task.

Kashyap1996

Jul 26, 2018

I have 8 in IELTS and I think that's the max I could get. I am based in Ontario. Should I study one course as the last option?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have 8 in IELTS and I think that's the max I could get. I am based in Ontario. Should I study one course as the last option?
You mean switch back to a study permit once you complete your PGWP? You can certainly do this. I would strongly recommend taking a Master's if you don't already have one. Note that you won't be able to apply for a PGWP again.