+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score 428!

GargiK

Sep 14, 2018
Hi guys, I recently submitted my Express entry application and my CRS score is coming to a maximum of 428 even though I have a CLB 9 in IELTS and a masters degree. I am planning to migrate with my spouse. What are my chances to get an invite or PNP? If I apply individually my score is going up to 455, but I really want to move with my husband. What are my best options? Any advice is welcome :)

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Hi guys, I recently submitted my Express entry application and my CRS score is coming to a maximum of 428 even though I have a CLB 9 in IELTS and a masters degree. I am planning to migrate with my spouse. What are my chances to get an invite or PNP? If I apply individually my score is going up to 455, but I really want to move with my husband. What are my best options? Any advice is welcome :)
Your chances of getting an ITA with a CRS of 428 are super low.
You say you've maxed out your IELTS but what about points for your spouse. His ECA and Language proficiency scores can make a difference of upto 30-40 points. Is there any room for improvement there?

If not, you'll have to go the route you don't prefer....apply as a Principal Applicant and mark your spouse as 'non-accompanying'. This way, your score of 455 will likely get you an ITA and you can sponsor him - under family class - at a later date post your landing.

GargiK

Sep 14, 2018
For your question,look for " How can I apply for PR to Canada with my spouse as NON Accompanying" in youtube.

I've a question -- Do I need to undergo the WES evaluation for my "Bachelors Degree"(in India) even though I have Master's degree in US?
Usually US universities send transcripts with out copy of original degree. How do I send my MS original degree to WES?
Thanks for your reply. Yes its better if you get your ECA done for your Indian bachelors degree!

Mar 7, 2019
My CRS score is 428. I have a bachelor's degree and have a CLB 9 in IELTS. What are my chances of getting an ITA. Is there any way of improving my CRS? My spouse has not appeared for IELTS yet. Will there be a significant increase in my CRS if my spouse is able to score CLB 8 in IELTS? What other options should I look at for a Canadian PR?

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
My CRS score is 428. I have a bachelor's degree and have a CLB 9 in IELTS. What are my chances of getting an ITA. Is there any way of improving my CRS? My spouse has not appeared for IELTS yet. Will there be a significant increase in my CRS if my spouse is able to score CLB 8 in IELTS? What other options should I look at for a Canadian PR?
Ofcourse it'll help. The max your spouse can score is additional 20points for ielts and 12points if Master's or 8points bachelor's

Mar 7, 2019
Ofcourse it'll help. The max your spouse can score is additional 20points for ielts and 12points if Master's or 8points bachelor's
@Aady07 Thanks for your response. This is exactly what I am confused about, I have heard a few people say that if my spouse gets CLB 8 in IELTS and with her bachelor's degree, I should be getting 20 points for her IELTS and another 8 for her bachelor's degree. However, the CRS calculator(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp) shows a score of 430 only even on adding the spouse factors. Can someone clarify my doubt on this? Should I believe the calculator? Is there any other way of calculating CRS?

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
@Aady07 Thanks for your response. This is exactly what I am confused about, I have heard a few people say that if my spouse gets CLB 8 in IELTS and with her bachelor's degree, I should be getting 20 points for her IELTS and another 8 for her bachelor's degree. However, the CRS calculator(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp) shows a score of 430 only even on adding the spouse factors. Can someone clarify my doubt on this? Should I believe the calculator? Is there any other way of calculating CRS?
Well there are some cons too. The crs calculator has been precised in such a way that if you claim your spouse points, your points will become less in edu and ielts. Moreover there is not much difference in both the platform. Max difference will be 10points.