CRS Points vs Express entry points.

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone, i recently applied for the express entry program, on the CRS Tools side I am scoring 468 points but when did the express entry application i'm only scoring 410 points? i'm really puzzled at this. I spoke to some immigration officer and she said that the points will be reducing in September/ October, or is it maybe i just filled in something wrong?

Thanks again

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Here, check manually http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

and check this tool http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
NilKumar said:
Hi Everyone, i recently applied for the express entry program, on the CRS Tools side I am scoring 468 points but when did the express entry application i'm only scoring 410 points? i'm really puzzled at this. I spoke to some immigration officer and she said that the points will be reducing in September/ October, or is it maybe i just filled in something wrong?

Thanks again
I am guessing it would be because of work experience. When you use the calculator to check your score, it calculates your experience in years while your Express Entry profile, it calculates on the basis of months. It could be that you are yet to complete 2 or 3 years of experience.

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Stanlee,

I have been working since June 2011 (Part Time) until now, 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week, Canada's full time is 30 hours a week and i have taken it from the official site.

So if i calculate it i have 3 and a half years of full time experience and 5 years part time experience.

So i'm really confused.

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
NilKumar said:
Hi Stanlee,

I have been working since June 2011 (Part Time) until now, 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week, Canada's full time is 30 hours a week and i have taken it from the official site.

So if i calculate it i have 3 and a half years of full time experience and 5 years part time experience.

So i'm really confused.

Thanks
Did you include Canandian work experience gained while on a study permit?

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dell2,

Here's the breakdown

Age 24 - 110 Points
Two or more certificates, Diploma or Degrees - 128 Points
Ielts -Speaking - 8.0
-Listening - 8.0
-Reading - 8.5
-Writing - 7.0
Total - 130 Points

Foreign work experience – With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher)

3 years or more of foreign work experience - 50 Points

(Education) With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher) and a post-secondary degree

Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer - 50 Points

Total = 468

Thanks

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Stanlee,

I live in South Africa so i have no Canadian Work Experience and i have studied here while working part time since June 2011.

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
NilKumar said:
Hi Stanlee,

I live in South Africa so i have no Canadian Work Experience and i have studied here while working part time since June 2011.

Thanks
Since you have two or more degrees, for each entry did you select the level of education as two or more degrees?

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Stanlee,

I think so because i gave my profile to be done by an immigration officer (Family Friend) so maybe she added 1 years worth of work experience and only my degree because the only way i can get 410 is if those 2 factors are added into it.

Am I able to change or update it because my application was handed in on the 3rd of August 2016

Kind Regards

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
NilKumar said:
hi Stanlee,

I think so because i gave my profile to be done by an immigration officer (Family Friend) so maybe she added 1 years worth of work experience and only my degree because the only way i can get 410 is if those 2 factors are added into it.

Am I able to change or update it because my application was handed in on the 3rd of August 2016

Kind Regards
Yes you can update your profile any number of times before ITA.

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks for your helps, i'm a bit relieved that i can still change it, I will find out what she put into the application.

Thanks again

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Stanlee and Dell2,

I have updated my profile and i indeed achieve 468 points, my educations starting and ending dates were wrong and also my work history was missing 2 years of part time work experience.

Much Thanks

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NilKumar said:
Hi Stanlee and Dell2,

I have updated my profile and i indeed achieve 468 points, my educations starting and ending dates were wrong and also my work history was missing 2 years of part time work experience.

Much Thanks
Good for you.

Lesson for all - Do not let anyone else fill your profile. It's YOUR profile, so YOU would be the best person for it.

All the best