CRS draw August 8 2018 - ITA status

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
So I didn't see any msg. I just saw continue application and that's what I'm doing now. Not sure if I miss the msg.
So I'm excited and trying to fill it. I reach where I had put an aunt as a relative. She is a pr but she doesn't live in Canada. Can I just remove that and put no family. It's not like I got points for it?
yep go for it. you'll be fine as long as you didnt claim any points for it.

Reactions: Aarti123

Sonali_s

Jul 23, 2018
So I didn't see any msg. I just saw continue application and that's what I'm doing now. Not sure if I miss the msg.
So I'm excited and trying to fill it. I reach where I had put an aunt as a relative. She is a pr but she doesn't live in Canada. Can I just remove that and put no family. It's not like I got points for it?
Some people say you get points for siblings , grandparents , aunts and uncles. So just check before making changes that might affect your score.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-relatives-how-to-document-that.73719/

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hey all I see that the deadline to accept or decline the application is 1 day i.e 10 Aug 12 AM UTC.Do I have to fill all the new questions in the continue application tab to accept the application?A bit confused.

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
Exactly what I am doing because that is how I understand it. Hopefully it is not incorrect. Then we get the 60 says to gather all the documents.

Hey all I see that the deadline to accept or decline the application is 1 day i.e 10 Aug 12 AM UTC.Do I have to fill all the new questions in the continue application tab to accept the application?A bit confused.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
yep, there is no such thing as to accept the invitation. You just gotta hit continue application and proceed to submit the application within 60 days to accept your ITA.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Then what is the 10th Aug deadline ?
you have a 10th August deadline ? o_O
your deadline is supposed to say 7th October.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html
Deadline for responding to an ITA
Upon receipt of an ITA, a candidate has 60 calendar days to do one of the following:

• Submit a complete application for permanent residence (APR) in their online account. This includes providing all supporting documentation up front.
  • Decline the ITA in their online account, if the candidate is not ready to apply within 60 calendar days of receiving the ITA or if they believe that a change in their circumstance has made them ineligible to be invited. In this case, the candidate’s profile will become “active” in the pool for the remaining days of the profile’s validity and the candidate will be considered for future rounds of invitations, as long as they continue to meet the MEC.
If the candidate does not respond to the ITA (i.e., the candidate does not submit a complete APR within 60 calendar days of receiving the ITA and does not formally decline the ITA within this delay), the ITA will expire and the candidate will no longer be in the Express Entry pool. To re-enter the pool, the candidate must submit a new profile in their online account and be assessed for the MEC at that time.

Last edited:

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018

I was very confused as well because that is not 60days. Hence why I thought it was just updating the profile.
@hope2018 @DelPiero07 are you guys aware of why ITA receivers from earlier today have a 2 day deadline (Aug 10) mentioned on their ITAs? or are we misunderstanding something here.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
I could be wrong and I know Canada uses dd/mm/yyyy but could it be that it probably is mm/dd/yyyy right now ? that would mean 8th October deadline.

EDIT:I just checked my ITA letter from earlier and yes it is mm/dd/yyyy. so your deadline is 8th of October

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
Had that thought when I intially saw the message, but was in doubt because of the format everyone use here. I hope that is what it is indeed. So confusing!

I could be wrong and I know canada uses dd/mm/yyyy but could it be that it probably is mm/dd/yyyy right now ? that would mean 8th october deadline.