+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS arranged employment

venudatti

Dec 4, 2018
Hi

I am looking for an advice from you experts.

I work for an Indian Outsourcing company and worked with a client in Quebec for 1 year between 2012 and 2014. During that period, I was on ICT - Specialized knowledge visa (LMIA exempt).
ANd from 2014 to 2018, I was away from Canada.
Again, I am back to Quebec with the same employer on ICT - Specialized knowledge visa (LMIA exempt) working a client in Quebec since Oct 2018 and valid until Oct 2019. Current assignment is a long-term assignment and the visa will get extended for more duration.

I am planning to apply for PR but am falling short of score by 50 points. I understand that by having a CRS arranged employment my score could increase by 50 points.

Having read my case, following are my questions:
1. Will my current employment qualify as CRS arranged employment (LMIA exempt)? So that I can qualify and be eligible for Federal PR?
2. Since all the clients I worked with, in Canada, are from Quebec, am I even eligible for Federal PR? or Do I have to take Quebec CSQ path? Remember, my language ability in French is at a level 0 out of 10

Please guide me on these 2 questions which will help me determine a path for immigrate to Canada

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I am looking for an advice from you experts.

I work for an Indian Outsourcing company and worked with a client in Quebec for 1 year between 2012 and 2014. During that period, I was on ICT - Specialized knowledge visa (LMIA exempt).
ANd from 2014 to 2018, I was away from Canada.
Again, I am back to Quebec with the same employer on ICT - Specialized knowledge visa (LMIA exempt) working a client in Quebec since Oct 2018 and valid until Oct 2019. Current assignment is a long-term assignment and the visa will get extended for more duration.

I am planning to apply for PR but am falling short of score by 50 points. I understand that by having a CRS arranged employment my score could increase by 50 points.

Having read my case, following are my questions:
1. Will my current employment qualify as CRS arranged employment (LMIA exempt)? So that I can qualify and be eligible for Federal PR?
2. Since all the clients I worked with, in Canada, are from Quebec, am I even eligible for Federal PR? or Do I have to take Quebec CSQ path? Remember, my language ability in French is at a level 0 out of 10

Please guide me on these 2 questions which will help me determine a path for immigrate to Canada

Thanks
1. It will qualify once you have worked in Canada for a full year since returning. So if you returned in October 2018, you'll qualify for the 50 points sometime in October 2019.
2. Applying for FSW/Express Entry will be a problem if you are living and working in Quebec. You should assume that you'll have issues being approved unless you can demonstrate hard evidence that you are relocating outside of Quebec. You would be better off applying through a Quebec program.

venudatti

Dec 4, 2018
Thanks for the reply.
For Quebec, would you be able to suggest a best suitable program that doesn't has French language as a prerequisite ?