+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS - Adaptability - 3 Years Work Experience, but multiple NOC Codes

chaish

Oct 21, 2017
Hi there, I had a question about whether I'd get the maximum points for work experience adaptability.
I have had 2 jobs:

19 months at NOC code 1221 (Administrative Officer): I worked in project administration
18 months at NOC code 2131 (Civil Engineer): Civil Engineer

These are both two different noc codes, but I have over 3 years of work experience but they are not the same code number. Does this mean I will only get 25 points for adaptability? OR does the 3+ years of combined work experience mean I will get 50 points?

chaish

Oct 21, 2017
3 years of foreign work experience.
Yeah that's correct, sorry I should've specified in my original post. I did all of this work experience in Australia. So does that three years work experience combined get me the maximum 50 points?

On the CIC website, the CRS points calculator/eligibility thing asks:
ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

But this conflicts with other information I've read on forums. Can you offer any more clarity on this?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You only need a year of continuous work experience in your primary NOC to be eligible under the FSW program, after that you can add all other work experience even if they are on different NOC's to get the maximum CRS points.

chaish

Oct 21, 2017
You only need a year of continuous work experience in your primary NOC to be eligible under the FSW program, after that you can add all other work experience even if they are on different NOC's to get the maximum CRS points.
Thats great, thank you so much for your help! :)

savik

Jan 29, 2018
Yeah that's correct, sorry I should've specified in my original post. I did all of this work experience in Australia. So does that three years work experience combined get me the maximum 50 points?

ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

But this conflicts with other information I've read on forums. Can you offer any more clarity on this?
Hi
I am currently facing the same issue. I have 2 years 8 months full time experience in NOC 4011 and 2 years 1 month part time in NOC 3113 (From India). Both are under NOC category A. It would be very helpful if you could share your experiences. how did you go about it? And if you have already applied, were your experience letters accepted by IRCC?

vishnuvardhan

Mar 31, 2018

I have 4 years in 0601 and 2 years 1121 NOC

So does it like we make the primary noc of 2 years will not affect CRS ? though total work experience is 6 years.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I have 4 years in 0601 and 2 years 1121 NOC

So does it like we make the primary noc of 2 years will not affect CRS ? though total work experience is 6 years.
Won't affect your CRS but might affect your eligibility.

vishnuvardhan

Mar 31, 2018
Won't affect your CRS but might affect your eligibility.
Thank you for the assistance. But my eligibility score crosses 67 with masters, age factor, and 6+ years total work experience.

Just concerned on CRS , because I want to put my current job as primary NOC which is 2 years experience, whereas another 4 years would be of my previous work experience, as in cic it was mentioned - It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)..

This "only one occupation" is confusing now

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the assistance. But my eligibility score crosses 67 with masters, age factor, and 6+ years total work experience.

Just concerned on CRS , because I want to put my current job as primary NOC which is 2 years experience, whereas another 4 years would be of my previous work experience, as in cic it was mentioned - It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)..

This "only one occupation" is confusing now
You cannot count 6 years of work experience under the six selection factors. Only the work experience under your Primary NOC.

Again, no effect on your CRS.

Reactions: vishnuvardhan

vishnuvardhan

Mar 31, 2018
Thank you. Yeah, I did a check and entered 1 year, still, the score was 67+. Should we enter here 6 or 1 yr ( as one noc 0601 is 4 years another 2 years noc 1121)

But how should I enter other years , quite confused. Like now the eligibility is checked and got a reference number, so can we enter remaining years of experience.... Thanks

You cannot count 6 years of work experience under the six selection factors. Only the work experience under your Primary NOC.

Again, no effect on your CRS.

amit2410

Nov 26, 2018
@vishnuvardhan Have you applied for express entry? How did it work for you in the end? Did you contact CIC?

I am also curious about the CRS scoring system and multiple NOC to count 3+ years of foreign experience.
Does CIC accept different NOC or all 3 years has to be in one NOC only?