+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossing US-Canada Border

rahulmidha

Jan 9, 2021
Hi Everyone, I am a Canadian PR holder and on H1B in the US residing in the US. I wish to travel to Canada for a few days next month. Since the border is closed, am I allowed to travel by land, and come back to the US by land within 2-3 days?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi Everyone, I am a Canadian PR holder and on H1B in the US residing in the US. I wish to travel to Canada for a few days next month. Since the border is closed, am I allowed to travel by land, and come back to the US by land within 2-3 days?
There is a mandatory 14-day quarantine on the Canada side. Also ,as you are a PR holder, you would be asked for the reason of your travel and also would be questioned regarding your place of stay, your arragnements for your stay,food etc(be prepared for that). You can still travel back within 2-3 days , however, you might be questioned next time when you travel back.

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
from what i gather you might not be able to drive back..since the borders are closed travel by road might be a one way option you could enter canada by road but US might not allow you even with a valid visa..i might be wrong but still suggest you look into it before embarking on this journey. Flying back might be a better option since that is still happening as before.

zhangchow

Jan 14, 2021
If you live and work in the US as a matter of routine, you can come back to the US. They may ask you why you went to Canada, so be prepared to respond.