+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossing US Border with COPR and on C1 Visa.

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
I am planning to do a short landing for a Week next month and
return back to my home country.

I will be moving to Canada permanently in Feb, by them If I didnt get my pr card.
Can I travel to US and cross the border.

We can cross the border with Passport+copr.

But my issue is I have only C1 Visa, no Visitor visa to USA. Can I book tickets to Detriot and cross the border in a rental Car. Will Immigration In USA cause any issues or deny entry since my intention is not to catch another plane but to cross border on road.

Any light in this area is much appreciated.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Although I have no knowledge on this other than reading the US immigration website my interpretation of a C1 is that is simply a transit visa and does not allow you entry to the US in the way you describe, you would need a B1/B2.

I say that because the way is described indicates continuous transit through the US POE, yet leaving the airport in a rental car is not really continuous obviously so even if remotely possible seems a risk that US CBP might not let you enter. Even so you would probably with a C1 need to persuade the airline about your onward travel arrangements so would you want to take the risk even at that stage.

Any reason why you are even thinking of going via the US as opposed to direct which obviously is much easier, cost obviously can be a factor but this is a life changing move you are making.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/other/transit.html

Last edited: