+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossing the border with expired PR card

Wait4life

Star Member
May 26, 2018
@Bs65 : I believe a Canadian address of a representative is mentioned in that section as a current address and we can put that address if someone represents you.

I believe they can’t detain me for not signing a document. I simply need to read all documents and I don’t want to sign any unread document.

About this checking thing, I will not be bringing anything related to Canada into US with me. Once I step into US, I will get my hard copy printed. This way it is much safer. Same goes to my laptop and phone. Mails logged out. Chats deleted. Something like this.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Bs65 : I believe a Canadian address of a representative is mentioned in that section as a current address and we can put that address if someone represents you.

I believe they can’t detain me for not signing a document. I simply need to read all documents and I don’t want to sign any unread document.

About this checking thing, I will not be bringing anything related to Canada into US with me. Once I step into US, I will get my hard copy printed. This way it is much safer. Same goes to my laptop and phone. Mails logged out. Chats deleted. Something like this.
That might have the opposite effect. Deleting all your chats or recent chats will likely make customs more suspicious in my opinion.

Wait4life

Star Member
May 26, 2018
That might have the opposite effect. Deleting all your chats or recent chats will likely make customs more suspicious in my opinion.
Not exactly deleting chats but maybe whole applications like whatsapp or other social networking apps. Just simple phone with some photos, music and applications will do the job.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
This thread has really reached the end of the road. You have your plan which many people here might not agree with given in their mind the plan is playing the system as opposed to simply going the H&C removed as a minor route or just getting a US visit visa as opposed to the US study visa which by the way will be visible to CBSA.

Anything else from here on is really just over thinking things so as long as you have the answers at the border, answer any CBSA questions honestly including the one about last time in Canada if asked, do not volunteer information, then what will be will be no matter what, there are no guarantees with immigration.

As for being detained for not signing any document that is unlikely but not signing anything won’t make any difference if they decide to start to initiate the revoke of your PR status.

Who knows this whole thread could be a 100 percent over think and you could just be let in without any issue but hey this is what the forum is for.

Good luck

Last edited:

Wait4life

Star Member
May 26, 2018
This thread has really reached the end of the road. You have your plan which many people here might not agree with given in their mind the plan is playing the system as opposed to simply going the H&C removed as a minor route or just getting a US visit visa as opposed to the US study visa which by the way will be visible to CBSA.
I’ll be presenting my whole H&C case at PoE of removed being minor with all the doctor’s notes and reports. The reason why I was removed and also Why I couldn’t come at the age of 18. I hope they let me pass without report otherwise I can only appeal and pay thousand bucks to lawyers.

Wait4life

Star Member
May 26, 2018
To everyone out there thanks for your advice.

I crossed border without getting reported. Removed being a minor, crossed through US border.

Cheers! Ima live for 2 years now!

Reactions: jyos

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Thanks for the update and congratulations. Did you end up in secondary? Did you have to present your reasons to CBSA?

Wait4life

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Thanks for the update and congratulations. Did you end up in secondary? Did you have to present your reasons to CBSA?
Yep, secondary. I was allowed to enter considering my H&C case and application in process.
I crossed through rainbow bridge

noman5000

Sep 17, 2018
Congrats wait4life for making it safely without being reported. Did you take the pedestrian bridge??? What time did you show up at the border??? Were they stern? Did they get into all kind of details or was it a more of an identity check?