Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi Hari,

Did you commute to work again after you were asked to quarantine? If yes, did you fill the app this time or border official told you need to quarantine? This time when i have entered, i had already filled the App and cbsa official at border did not question me anything on Covid related stuff/talked about quarantine, but i had got calls already twice in 7days.
No i did not travel after 4th Dec.
Usually if cbsa is not telling anything then we are not under quarantine. should have been informed by the officer. It seems that he forgot to tell you that he is putting you on quarantine. Just fill the data daily for 14 days from that travel date - cant do much. Just tell the caller that you were not told anything hence you thought you were not under quarantine.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
No i did not travel after 4th Dec.
Usually if cbsa is not telling anything then we are not under quarantine. should have been informed by the officer. It seems that he forgot to tell you that he is putting you on quarantine. Just fill the data daily for 14 days from that travel date - cant do much. Just tell the caller that you were not told anything hence you thought you were not under quarantine.
Sure thanks Hari.( also just making sure, in the app where it says, are you exempt from essential travel , we select "No" right?) or is it "Yes" . may be that decides on the quarantine part?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sure thanks Hari.( also just making sure, in the app where it says, are you exempt from essential travel , we select "No" right?) or is it "Yes" . may be that decides on the quarantine part?
I could not use the app after 3 days as it was expecting me to start on the update for the trips no later than 2 days old. So better you report the daily data via automated data capture phone 833 641 0343. I am not sure about app which option i should choose.

kvn1994

Sep 21, 2020
Hi all,

I have questions related to travelling to Canada . My wife got a study visa from canada and i got dependent visa with open work permit. We are both here on h1. Now we want to travel to canada. Her study will start from 11th Jan but we got passport request letter yesterday. So we still need to stamp our passport. Now the main question is ‘ can we go to canada by road from usa in next 15 days?’ Also what are the rules to take car from usa to canada. Like registration, insurance etc.

akl2312

Dec 19, 2020
Hi @harirajmohan,

We are planning to travel to Canada through Detroit - Windsor tunnel in my own car that I recently purchased on loan. Planning to do a soft-landing or
14-day quarantine, so my question is can I drive my car that is on a lien? Will it be allowed in case of a soft landing? Please let me know your thoughts.
Hi @peacefulpal , I am in a same situation as you. I am planning to travel and do my soft landing & return back to US via Detroit-Windsor. So were you able to do soft landing, complete a 14 day quarantine and return back to US ?

Reactions: suzello

peacefulpal

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Hi @peacefulpal , I am in a same situation as you. I am planning to travel and do my soft landing & return back to US via Detroit-Windsor. So were you able to do soft landing, complete a 14 day quarantine and return back to US ?
Hi @akl2312,

Yes, I have completed my soft landing in December, and here is the post of my landing experience Softlanding experience Dec 2020
No, I didn't go through 14day quarantine. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Good Luck.

Reactions: akl2312

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I could not use the app after 3 days as it was expecting me to start on the update for the trips no later than 2 days old. So better you report the daily data via automated data capture phone 833 641 0343. I am not sure about app which option i should choose.
Hi Hari.. How are you these days!!

Can you please suggest if i can go to USA for 1 day and return same day?
If yes then do i need to quarantine after returning back to Canada..

Also do you know if car export office on usa side would be open on a Saturday or sunday on detroit border or on buffalo border?

Thanks in advance.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1. Can you please suggest if i can go to USA for 1 day and return same day?
2. If yes then do i need to quarantine after returning back to Canada..

3. Also do you know if car export office on usa side would be open on a Saturday or sunday on detroit border or on buffalo border?
1. As long as you are in status(if not having visa) or having visa then you should be fine.
2. Mostly yes. I havent traveled since Dec 4th. I will be traveling on monday hence will know more about it.
3. Should be open. You can call the border and confirm on timing.

chinnap

Feb 19, 2018
That's what I'm concerned about. All the posts I see people are doing soft landing and coming back to the USA but I didn't find anyone completing a quarantine in Canada and return to the USA. Not sure what would be the situation if I stayed in Canada for 2 weeks before coming back to the USA.

Not sure if I can travel back to US via road? Is it because of the peak winter season you are concerned about driving. right?
I moved permanently to canada last week and still in quarantine. My family is in india so i just drove from usa to windsor canada with my stuff(no furniture mostly clothes) in rental car. I did landing 2 years ago. Immigration officer just if i was moving permanently and checked the goods to follow papers. Asked if i had any stuff that is not mentioned in the form. I said no and he asked me about quarantine plan and groceries. I mentioned that i will drop off rental car at airport and take uber to quarantine place. He told me i amnot supposed to use public transport and asked me if any friends can help with dropping off car. I said and i dont know anyone here. She took few minutes and gave me an exception to drop off car. So it depends on the officer. Its a good idea to rent airbnb with kitchen and take groceries with you from usa. Instacart service is good in windsor. Download the app as its easy to check in every day and you will be contacted by authorities to check on you
Good luck

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I moved permanently to canada last week and still in quarantine. My family is in india so i just drove from usa to windsor canada with my stuff(no furniture mostly clothes) in rental car. I did landing 2 years ago. Immigration officer just if i was moving permanently and checked the goods to follow papers. Asked if i had any stuff that is not mentioned in the form. I said no and he asked me about quarantine plan and groceries. I mentioned that i will drop off rental car at airport and take uber to quarantine place. He told me i amnot supposed to use public transport and asked me if any friends can help with dropping off car. I said and i dont know anyone here. She took few minutes and gave me an exception to drop off car. So it depends on the officer. Its a good idea to rent airbnb with kitchen and take groceries with you from usa. Instacart service is good in windsor. Download the app as its easy to check in every day and you will be contacted by authorities to check on you
Good luck
Great..

Do you or @harirajmohan or anybody know if trudeau's new restrictins apply to travel by car or not??
New rules say need to get covid test mandatory and then stay in 3day hotel provided by government but paid by self...
I think its for air travel but not fully sure.. Can you confirm if you travelled today or before he announced new rules??

I am asking because i have plan to travel tomorrow from canada to usa border (either detroit or port huron) and i may have to come back in evening or next day)..
Tia.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Great..

Do you or @harirajmohan or anybody know if trudeau's new restrictins apply to travel by car or not??
New rules say need to get covid test mandatory and then stay in 3day hotel provided by government but paid by self...
I think its for air travel but not fully sure.. Can you confirm if you travelled today or before he announced new rules??

I am asking because i have plan to travel tomorrow from canada to usa border (either detroit or port huron) and i may have to come back in evening or next day)..
Tia.
Thinking that its yet to be a rule for land mode. Its not for land mode for tomorrow and its effective from February 3 for flight mode. You can also confirm with the border.
https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/01/government-of-canada-introduces-further-restrictions-on-international-travel.html
"The Government of Canada will introduce a 72-hour pre-arrival testing requirement (molecular test) for travellers seeking entry in land mode"

But not sure all officers will allow you without quarantine hence have a plan if asked.

M_Ali347

Jan 30, 2021
Hi,
Can someone please help me with my situation i got my copr on dec 9 2020 I’ve applied for my pr card but still didn’t receive it. However i came to India on dec 22nd 2020 due to family emergency. I donot have PRTD and I’ve read some forms as the PRTD application is taking months to get approved. My question is can i go to Seattle from India and enter Canada in rental car using my copr and passport?? Is that possible? or should i have to apply for PRTD??
Really appreciate if someone might b able to help me

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Thinking that its yet to be a rule for land mode. Its not for land mode for tomorrow and its effective from February 3 for flight mode. You can also confirm with the border.
https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/01/government-of-canada-introduces-further-restrictions-on-international-travel.html
"The Government of Canada will introduce a 72-hour pre-arrival testing requirement (molecular test) for travellers seeking entry in land mode"

But not sure all officers will allow you without quarantine hence have a plan if asked.
Thanks @harirajmohan. Do you what are requirements for quarantine on returning to Canada.. Is quarantine needed even if returning on same day?
Also is it mandatory to stay alone in qurantine place or can the person stay with his family at home or may be stay im basement..? What r rules around that? As your stayed in quarantine recently so u would know this..
Thanks again..

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks @harirajmohan. Do you what are requirements for quarantine on returning to Canada.. Is quarantine needed even if returning on same day?
Also is it mandatory to stay alone in qurantine place or can the person stay with his family at home or may be stay im basement..? What r rules around that? As your stayed in quarantine recently so u would know this..
Thanks again..
It depends on the officer.
Last month when i was returning to windsor, i was asked to quarantine(i am resident in Canada). This month when i travelled, i was not asked.
Some traveled and returned on same day without quarantine as you can see it in other threads. So who knows what your officer will do. But you need to have quarantine plan as per travel rules(irrelevant of you asking the officer to allow to go back without quarantine):
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Quarantine requirement same for all: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#quarantine
I did not go out for 14 days.

Reactions: desmat

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
It depends on the officer.
Last month when i was returning to windsor, i was asked to quarantine(i am resident in Canada). This month when i travelled, i was not asked.
Some traveled and returned on same day without quarantine as you can see it in other threads. So who knows what your officer will do. But you need to have quarantine plan as per travel rules(irrelevant of you asking the officer to allow to go back without quarantine):
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Quarantine requirement same for all: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#quarantine
I did not go out for 14 days.
No, if you are travelling after a month and you have filled the App, you will not be mentioned about quarantine and Covid related stuff at the border. I experienced this twice already In Dec and in Jan(also you will be getting calls as well during quarantine).

And if you haven't filled the App, you will be given all those quarantine instructions and a pamplet as well.

Thanks.

Reactions: desmat