+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossing from US no PR card help!

carleyb86

Jul 30, 2022
We booked a disney trip for sept of this year and I applied for a new PR card several months ago but yet it still hasn’t even been opened. Not looking like I’ll have it back in time! We’re planning to drive down instead as CIC told me I can cross without PR card. It I only have a photocopy of my record of landing and not the original doc. Any one else experience something similar? We’re considering cancelling the trip but kids will be completely devastated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We booked a disney trip for sept of this year and I applied for a new PR card several months ago but yet it still hasn’t even been opened. Not looking like I’ll have it back in time! We’re planning to drive down instead as CIC told me I can cross without PR card. It I only have a photocopy of my record of landing and not the original doc. Any one else experience something similar? We’re considering cancelling the trip but kids will be completely devastated!
You'll be fine driving.

Reactions: bellaluna

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Do follow up if it's been several months (processing time is currently 60 days, so that's not normal), I've heard of some people with travel plans following up and then getting their cards processed. PR cards are usually processed and issued the same day you get AOR. What is the application status on ECAS?

But as scylla said you should be fine driving even in the rare case you won't get it by then (presumably after you've followed up).

carleyb86

Jul 30, 2022
Do follow up if it's been several months (processing time is currently 60 days, so that's not normal), I've heard of some people with travel plans following up and then getting their cards processed. PR cards are usually processed and issued the same day you get AOR. What is the application status on ECAS?

But as scylla said you should be fine driving even in the rare case you won't get it by then (presumably after you've followed up).
I did follow up, that’s how I know it hasn’t even been opened yet. It says 60 days processing online but that’s from the time they open it, I was told my application is in the mail room, where it’s been since May. Disappointing! I’ve included my flight itinerary with my application so hopefully they’ll put a rush once they get to it. Fingers toes and everything else crossed :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did follow up, that’s how I know it hasn’t even been opened yet. It says 60 days processing online but that’s from the time they open it, I was told my application is in the mail room, where it’s been since May. Disappointing! I’ve included my flight itinerary with my application so hopefully they’ll put a rush once they get to it. Fingers toes and everything else crossed :)
Unfortunately, discretionary travel, although certainly well deserved during this Twilight Zone, is not reason enough for IRCC to expedite PR card renewals. As mentioned, driving back via a land PoE in a personal vehicle is no problem.
Urgent processing of a permanent resident card

To qualify for urgent permanent resident (PR) card processing, you must be travelling within the next three months due to:
  • a job opportunity
  • your own serious illness
  • the death of a family member
  • work related to your current job
  • the serious illness of a family member

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is your citizenship? What valid passport do you currently hold? If, by chance, it is a U.S. passport, you might be able to abandon the `driving to Disneyland/Disneyworld' plan altogether.