+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cross from USA to Canada using CoPR after landing

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi Guys I completed "Landing" on August 20th by crossing the border from USA to Canada at Lewiston bridge. Then I immediately returned to USA within 3 days..
Now I am planning to go back rent an apartment and give that address for my PR card.

Can I cross the border using the CoPR document again .. this time as well I plan to drivee across in a rental car at rainbow bridge or lewiston bridge.

Please let me know if there will be any issues or if questioned what should my answers be. thx

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hi

can u share your first time landing Experience

i am planning to travel first time via buffalo ,NY

1. which bridge is better to travel with family and kids
2. As time of first enry we have to give out COPR letter to officer finally or they will give us back.
3. I am planing to go by my personal car will it ok?
4. for rental care which company did you used ?will they allow to take car across border?
5. what we have answer to officer when they ask us r u going back to USA in short time ?

thanks in advance

plz share ur experience

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
ckshah1498 said:
Hi

can u share your first time landing Experience

i am planning to travel first time via buffalo ,NY

1. which bridge is better to travel with family and kids - Rainbow is preferred I believe.. lewiston was not bad either
2. As time of first enry we have to give out COPR letter to officer finally or they will give us back. - they ask you to sign and givee back
3. I am planing to go by my personal car will it ok? - personal is fine
4. for rental care which company did you used ?will they allow to take car across border? Avis .. most allow you to take it out side to canada ..tell them when renting
5. what we have answer to officer when they ask us r u going back to USA in short time ? They didn't ask me that question .. make up some good answer ..

thanks in advance

plz share ur experience

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Thanks for Replay

More question for you hope you dont mind

1. At time of landing what other forms we need to fill and submit ( PR card forms ,SIN card forms ) rt?
2. For POF will our USA bank online last stmt print will work?
3. what about PR card photos we need to submit while doing PR application ?did you submitted? i heard that lots of people required to send new photos due to mismatch of photo specification and its hard if u left canada?

guide me if you have any idea

Thanks in advance

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
I am not able to answer your question, but I'm just curious. Since you landed in August, 2015, aren't you supposed to have received the PR Card now? Or you opted not to apply for one at that time?

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Thanks for Replay

More question for you hope you dont mind

1. At time of landing what other forms we need to fill and submit ( PR card forms ,SIN card forms ) rt?
2. For POF will our USA bank online last stmt print will work?
3. what about PR card photos we need to submit while doing PR application ?did you submitted? i heard that lots of people required to send new photos due to mismatch of photo specification and its hard if u left canada?

guide me if you have any idea

Thanks in advance

singh84a

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO shifted to CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnbro said:
Thx much for the answer ... I'm going this weekend thx much
I don't think you can cross border using COPR. COPR is not a travel document, you need either PR card or PRTD to enter canada.

There is also a rule about entering Canada using personal vehicle. i'll be interested to know your weekend.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
singh84a said:
I don't think you can cross border using COPR. COPR is not a travel document, you need either PR card or PRTD to enter canada.
Incorrect. A person can cross the Canada-US border on foot or in a private car without a PR card or PRTD.

simpsonjos

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
3-May-2010
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
11-May-2010
Med's Request
9-May-2013
LANDED..........
29-May-2014
You can cross the border on your car or a rental car using a COPR. I have done it a couple of times and no questions asked. However a COPR is not a valid travel document for use on a commercial carrier - flight, bus, train etc.

Hope this helps!
Simpson

singh84a said:

There is also a rule about entering Canada using personal vehicle. i'll be interested to know your weekend.

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
hi simpsonjos and ALL

can u guide me i am confused on traveling with personal car still on Loan (finance with BANK)
can i travel with this car i dont want to import as its my short term visit for landing and to apply PR card.

so what to tell officer if we say will apply PR card and go back to USA then will they allow me to apply PR CARD

guide me if any info i searching on this since one month but didnt get proper answer..

Thanks in advance