+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Critical problem: have to leave the country while app is processing.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Hi, I'm an international student in the U.S. I filed my PR application to Ottawa in June 2013. Now I have graduated and need to leave this country soon. Will they transfer my application to the visa office in my home country once I go back???

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Most likely not, but you can always ask. Transfer of files between VO are quite rare and mostly the exception.
You should inform them of your new address and date of return to your country of origin, so they can update your file. Once your file has been updated, you can ask them to transfer your file to your home country, but be aware that it's very unlikely to happen. If your file is almost done, it might not be a bad thing. If you don't need an interview, then you might have to send your passport to Ottawa, then they will send it back to you, and you can go to Canada and become a PR. If an interview is required, it will be more complicated - but there is no way to know that for now.

So - start by informing them already now of your foreseen date of departure, and your new address, and hopefully all will go well.
Good luck,
Sweden

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Sweden said:
Most likely not, but you can always ask. Transfer of files between VO are quite rare and mostly the exception.
You should inform them of your new address and date of return to your country of origin, so they can update your file. Once your file has been updated, you can ask them to transfer your file to your home country, but be aware that it's very unlikely to happen. If your file is almost done, it might not be a bad thing. If you don't need an interview, then you might have to send your passport to Ottawa, then they will send it back to you, and you can go to Canada and become a PR. If an interview is required, it will be more complicated - but there is no way to know that for now.

So - start by informing them already now of your foreseen date of departure, and your new address, and hopefully all will go well.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thank you for your information. I have a private immigration service office handling my application. So the mailing address is their address. Yeah, I'm worried about the interview too.