+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

criterias to get positive LMO? please help

rjaan

Feb 27, 2012
Hi,

I came in Canada as an International Student for 1 year. After that I applied for the post-graduation WP which is also for one year expiring on July 2012. I am nursing graduate. I cant apply for as a nurse coz I need a license, mine is still under processing. Ive been working in a store as housewares salesperson. I tried to find jobs but didnt get any luck. So I dont knw how will extend my WP. If my present employer will apply for LMO are there chances that it will get approved? Coz it is in the low category which is NOC 6421 Retail Salesperson. People are telling me that it should be in the O, A, B category which is so confusing. Can somebody guide me please. Thanks.

rjaan

Feb 27, 2012
reginaphilange said:
I don't know about the criterias for LMO, but Retail Salesperson is not skilled under the NOC of A, O or B categories.
Hi. So this is not eligible for an LMO application ryt? Thanks

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know, the employer should be able to apply for an LMO. It just would not be considered a skilled position.

rjaan

Feb 27, 2012
wideopenspaces said:
As far as I know, the employer should be able to apply for an LMO. It just would not be considered a skilled position.
Hi. Cause I also saw about applying an lmo on Pilot Project for Occupations Requiring Lower Levels of Formal Training (NOC C and D). I thought my position is included with this one.

vkas

Feb 27, 2012
Hello All,

Can I apply/eligible for an LMO, my job is in category C and number is 2174(IT professional)?

Thanks

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
vkas said:
Hello All,

Can I apply/eligible for an LMO, my job is in category C and number is 2174(IT professional)?

Thanks
i gues you dont fall under category C.... 2174 is skill type A... read the noc code and levels you will get it...2nd digit in the code is category so 2(1 - A )74

skill 0 - 0
skill a - 1
skill b - 2 and so on...

vkas

Feb 27, 2012
@ prasamp Thanks a lot bro!

That's a great relief for me.

The links is here
ww.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/html/Matrix.html [the site wont allow me to post links]

I'm on Post Grad work permit and working through an agency and the company is ready to give me a full time permanent position from next month(March) onwards (my contact with agency is about to end )
Any way I want to submit an LMO right,
1 But am I excepted from advertisement in newspapers and jobbank website?
2 My company is posting ads on site like kijji and craigslist for the last two months is that enough?

because according to w3.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/intstugrad.shtml "Employers must submit an Application for a Labour Market Opinion to the Service Canada Centre responsible for processing the foreign worker requests in their area. The application will be assessed using existing program criteria. In cases where the employer is making a permanent job offer to employees who have completed the PGWPP for employment in a skilled occupation (within National Occupational Classification 0, A and B codes only), the employer will not be required to demonstrate recruitment efforts. It is recommended that the employer submit the application for an LMO approximately four months before the expiry of the Post-Graduation Work Permit."

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
vkas said:

The links is here
ww.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/html/Matrix.html [the site wont allow me to post links]

I'm on Post Grad work permit and working through an agency and the company is ready to give me a full time permanent position from next month(March) onwards (my contact with agency is about to end )
2 My company is posting ads on site like kijji and craigslist for the last two months is that enough?

because according to w3.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/intstugrad.shtml "Employers must submit an Application for a Labour Market Opinion to the Service Canada Centre responsible for processing the foreign worker requests in their area. The application will be assessed using existing program criteria. In cases where the employer is making a permanent job offer to employees who have completed the PGWPP for employment in a skilled occupation (within National Occupational Classification 0, A and B codes only), the employer will not be required to demonstrate recruitment efforts. It is recommended that the employer submit the application for an LMO approximately four months before the expiry of the Post-Graduation Work Permit."
Hey vkas, good work of finding the above excerpt for PGWPP, I'm in the same situation and applying for LMO with the help of my employer. I hope this info can help my employer to make a better decision.

Thanks so much!!

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
vkas said:

The links is here

depends on the province you are in...if you are in quebec then advertisements for 44 selected occupations are not required while submitting LMO...but say you are in the same province as you graduated you might get without LMO...for Grad WP i guess they accelerate the process...end of it you paid fees for them here...you should get some benefit for that... good luck :)

vkas

Feb 27, 2012
@prasamp, Thanks for the info.
Yeah I studied in one of the colleges in Ontario and working in Ontario as well. Hope it will work and they extend my WP.

Thanks!

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
vkas said:
@ prasamp, Thanks for the info.
Yeah I studied in one of the colleges in Ontario and working in Ontario as well. Hope it will work and they extend my WP.

Thanks!
good luck mate.. anyway its straightforward..if you are on a PGWP and its valid for another 4months atleast and you fall in Skill 0,A,B you can be offered with pruned LMO (no advt etc)

vkas

Feb 27, 2012
@prasamp Thanks buddy.

Your words are always encouraging , I really appreciate this.

One more question

Regarding advertisement, my company is posting ads in local sites like Craigslist and kijijii(we are shot of right talent) for the last two months, is that enough or
do I need to post in any other website(monster) or newspaper etc? (Just for a safe play)

Thanks

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
vkas said:
@ prasamp Thanks buddy.

Your words are always encouraging , I really appreciate this.

One more question

Regarding advertisement, my company is posting ads in local sites like Craigslist and kijijii(we are shot of right talent) for the last two months, is that enough or
do I need to post in any other website(monster) or newspaper etc? (Just for a safe play)

Thanks
always welcome :)

no worries mate..you dont need any advt...your PGWP its waived for your case if permit is valid for 4months... just submit the LMO thats enough... .good luck