+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminality Inadmissible person

mehrdado

Feb 16, 2009
I have a question:
Is there any chance for a inadmissible forign national because of driving under influence of alcohol outside Canada (it's a indictment offence in Canada) and not being rehabilitate to come to Canada with a job offer (approved for LMO)? Why? and if yes How?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mehrdado said:
I have a question:
Is there any chance for a inadmissible forign national because of driving under influence of alcohol outside Canada (it's a indictment offence in Canada) and not being rehabilitate to come to Canada with a job offer (approved for LMO)? Why? and if yes How?

Thanks
Unless 5 years have passed since the completion of the sentence and rehabilitation applied for, No.

PMM

AngieB

Aug 12, 2013
Unfortunately this is not possible.
There are only 2 ways you can get into Canada if you have had a DUI in the past.

One way is the conviction must have occurred 5 or more years ago and apply and be approved for criminal rehabilitation.

The other way is if the conviction was less than 5 years ago, you must apply and be approved for a TRP (temporary resident permit), that will find temporarily over look your inadmissibility and let you into Canada for a certain duration.

However, if you have a job that is already set up and you are applying for a TRP especially to come work that job, I am sure you can contact the CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) in order to see if you qualify for the TRP in order to come work that specific job.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AngieB said:
Unfortunately this is not possible.
There are only 2 ways you can get into Canada if you have had a DUI in the past.
Please don't resurrect threads that have been dead / inactive for over 4 years.