+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminality in progress

maktabi

Jan 19, 2016
Hi,
I applied for PR in-land under refugee category. I received AIP on 27 Feb last year. Recently received GCMS notes shows that Criminality in-progress. I don't get it why it's taking more than a year? I have never served in a military or associated with any terrorist organisations nor any of my family, I've never been convicted in any kind of a first, second or third murder degree, I never had even a red light ticket. Why is it taking so long?
I am so depressed and not having anything on hand to deal with this situation. Is hiring a lawyer can help in understanding why I'm not passing the Criminality checks?
Thanks.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
A lot of times the delay comes from other than Canadian sources. If they have requested information from your home country, it can take longer than anticipated. If, as you say, there is nothing in your history, don’t worry about it. I know it’s tough waiting, but there is nothing you can do but wait. It isn’t that you aren’t passing the criminality, they just don’t have the imformation yet.

maktabi

Jan 19, 2016
I have applied for one and received it couple days ago. It doesn't help a lot. All that I can see is that Elegiblity and Medical are passed. Security status is blank, I understand they remove it. Criminality in progress.
As you said, Apparently they're not waiting for a Canadian source, it's for sure from my home country or some other country that I've been to.
God, I don't know what can I do. I just got into depression. I'll be fired from my job soon, for not being active enough. I thought about suicide. I am lost.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Andftoe

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
God, I don't know what can I do. I just got into depression. I'll be fired from my job soon, for not being active enough. I thought about suicide. I am lost.
Why depressed? Start looking at the positives. You’ve made through the hard part. You’ve got status in Canada, freedom from whatever you escaped from, a job....really, it’s nothing more than an annoying delay. Stressing over things you can’t control is pointless......get on with your life in Canada. Enjoy what you’ve work hard to earn to this point. It’s all formalities now.

Gauzdx

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
I have applied for one and received it couple days ago. It doesn't help a lot. All that I can see is that Elegiblity and Medical are passed. Security status is blank, I understand they remove it. Criminality in progress.
As you said, Apparently they're not waiting for a Canadian source, it's for sure from my home country or some other country that I've been to.
Hey I’m in the same boat as you were. It’s been a year now and they’ve been conducting this criminality check for about a year now. What did you do in your case? Do I just have to wait out?