+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminality before or after eligibility

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
According to IRCC agent two weeks ago criminality was passed and eligibility is not started. But when I called yesterday, they said eligibility is passed and criminality is not started. What does this mean?

If criminality is based on PCCs and biometrics, I think I have provided everything and it should be passed by this time. Or does criminality happens twice?

• Haha
Reactions: assen89

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
They might have made a mistake, but it sounds like they meant that your Background Check hasn't concluded yet.

Background Check is Criminality + Security. If your Eligibility is conclusively passed, then your Security will begin shortly after that.

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
They might have made a mistake, but it sounds like they meant that your Background Check hasn't concluded yet.

Background Check is Criminality + Security. If your Eligibility is conclusively passed, then your Security will begin shortly after that.
Something they told me that Eligibility is passed and security is under process but in GCKey it shows we are reviewing your Eligibility

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
According to IRCC agent two weeks ago criminality was passed and eligibility is not started. But when I called yesterday, they said eligibility is passed and criminality is not started. What does this mean?

If criminality is based on PCCs and biometrics, I think I have provided everything and it should be passed by this time. Or does criminality happens twice?

Is your application in process for PR? with dependents and when did you apply?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017

Maybe criminality passed security not started
Where as criminality relays on local PCC and security depends on your background check, probably Canada, US and any country of residency.
GL

Mandeepdee

Mar 17, 2020
I am going to complete my 6 months on this 19th feb. I called cic they said security cancelled and its now in processing. What is this means? Is they are doing it twice

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
AOR May 15th my eligibility is under Review required for not able to verify Canadian employer online presence - i gave all T4, pay stubs too.

before Yesterday my Security was not started but yesterday they passed my Security and criminality but still eligibility is under review required per IRCC agent so I am confuse How come they passed security before passing eligibility???

is that something happens as trend is usually eligibility gets completed and then security starts in my case its opposite.

or it might be possible agent wont see status change till senior officer finalizes my application that when eligibility gets changed to passed?