+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminality background verification

Jane13

Apr 17, 2020
Hey guys,
My Express entry PR application will be a year in 2 weeks time since I've applied. Unfortunately, my VO is Accra and my experience with them so far has been awful. Their phone is disconnected, they don't reply emails. They are just doing what they want.

I used the webforn and got an update that security background hasn't been initiated and criminal background verification is valid. Which brings to my question, shouldn't it be criminal background verification passed?
It's the wording that is confusing to me because what I've read here and heard from people is they passed not that the criminal background is valid. Can anyone help out. Sorry for the long read

int3xcc

Apr 18, 2019
Hello Jane!

I have the same question with you: I received my web form reply today and it says "The background verifications are currently valid". I'm not sure whether it means passed since I saw various saying in my replies:

1. '... is in process' or '... is currently verifying if your application meets ...', which are easy to understand
2. 'your applications meet the ... requirements': I believe this means passed
3. '... is currently valid': the confusing one, to me it sounds like someone is still working on it, so it means the same with 'in process'?

I really appreciate it if anyone clear up my confusion, thanks!

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Hello Jane!

I have the same question with you: I received my web form reply today and it says "The background verifications are currently valid". I'm not sure whether it means passed since I saw various saying in my replies:

1. '... is in process' or '... is currently verifying if your application meets ...', which are easy to understand
2. 'your applications meet the ... requirements': I believe this means passed
3. '... is currently valid': the confusing one, to me it sounds like someone is still working on it, so it means the same with 'in process'?

I really appreciate it if anyone clear up my confusion, thanks!
Valid means passed

Reactions: int3xcc

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,
My Express entry PR application will be a year in 2 weeks time since I've applied. Unfortunately, my VO is Accra and my experience with them so far has been awful. Their phone is disconnected, they don't reply emails. They are just doing what they want.

I used the webforn and got an update that security background hasn't been initiated and criminal background verification is valid. Which brings to my question, shouldn't it be criminal background verification passed?
It's the wording that is confusing to me because what I've read here and heard from people is they passed not that the criminal background is valid. Can anyone help out. Sorry for the long read
What’s the status on your GCKey account?

Jane13

Apr 17, 2020
What’s the status on your GCKey account?
No update on the account. Only that they are still reviewing my eligibility. In fact my latest update was that I passed the medicals and that was since June 2nd 2019. No update since then

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No update on the account. Only that they are still reviewing my eligibility. In fact my latest update was that I passed the medicals and that was since June 2nd 2019. No update since then
Well, with Accra, a huge dose of patience is required sometimes.

int3xcc

Apr 18, 2019
Hi, have you heard any good news yet? I got my webform replied just now. It said they are all currently valid. I am FSW outland though.
No update at all since my last webform reply. Keep in touch bro, I'm FSW/outland as well. BTW, what's your AOR time?