+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Rehabilitation with Working Holiday Visa

seithr

Oct 17, 2018
Hi, I recently applied for an ETA and was refused due to my DUI 8 years ago. So I have now begun the process of applying for a criminal rehabilitation exemption. However, I am wanting to receive a IEC working holiday visa to enter Canada and want to know the process on how to apply for both of these as I'm sure being accepted for the IEC visa heavily relies on the criminal rehab application.

Since both of these applications can take quite some time to be process, what is the best approach? I was thinking it was best to apply for the rehabilitation and then apply for the IEC visa.
If anyone could shed some light on what needs to be done I would greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I recently applied for an ETA and was refused due to my DUI 8 years ago. So I have now begun the process of applying for a criminal rehabilitation exemption. However, I am wanting to receive a IEC working holiday visa to enter Canada and want to know the process on how to apply for both of these as I'm sure being accepted for the IEC visa heavily relies on the criminal rehab application.

Since both of these applications can take quite some time to be process, what is the best approach? I was thinking it was best to apply for the rehabilitation and then apply for the IEC visa.
If anyone could shed some light on what needs to be done I would greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks!
Rehab can take quite a long time to process (much longer than an IEC). Submit the rehab application as soon as you can and wait for it to be approved. Once it's approved, enter the IEC pool.