+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal rehabilitation - my experience

ThisStinks11

Sep 13, 2018
I am currently going through this process now. My boyfriend completed this process last year. Here is his experience. Sent in the CR application, with no reference letters on May 26, 2017. He sent it to the New York, NY location as we live in western New York. He received an email with the "OK" on October 20, 2016. So his process took about 5 months. We are both US citizens. I sent my application in, without reference letters, but with a copy of an award I won in my profession, on September 4th. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted if I hear anything back.

Reactions: hamilton88

Raoul1865

May 13, 2018
Still patiently waiting... sent application on 23rd April 2018. Got an email in a July application put in the processing queue. Roll on October still ........ CANADA Immigration-Sydney office

hamilton88

Aug 20, 2018
Still patiently waiting... sent application on 23rd April 2018. Got an email in a July application put in the processing queue. Roll on October still ........ CANADA Immigration-Sydney office
Also sent the IMM1444 to the Sydney office. Submitted mid May 2018 and received a reference number late July. Hopefully you hear from them soon!

Raoul1865

May 13, 2018
Frustrating wait. Applied 23rd April 2018 to Sydney office and still no end insight. Travel is imminent and have advised them but still waiting a review by Immigration Officer! 8months and counting....

APD

Jun 28, 2017
Torontro
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Frustrating wait. Applied 23rd April 2018 to Sydney office and still no end insight. Travel is imminent and have advised them but still waiting a review by Immigration Officer! 8months and counting....
Never mind waiting for 8 months. I've been waiting for 10 months so far. Nothing updated. Merry Christmas.

Raoul1865

May 13, 2018
Hi All,

Just thought I will share my experience my Rehab Application all approved. Did it all myself and was eventually successful. Patience is the key.

matrixzero

Dec 18, 2018
Hi All,

Just thought I will share my experience my Rehab Application all approved. Did it all myself and was eventually successful. Patience is the key.
Hello,
congratulations!!!
For my case, I already have the work permit in Sep 2018, and I applied for the visa at 12th Oct. I have been waiting over 2 months...
Do not know what happened, very anxious. Anything you can share?

Raoul1865

May 13, 2018
Hello,
congratulations!!!
For my case, I already have the work permit in Sep 2018, and I applied for the visa at 12th Oct. I have been waiting over 2 months...
Do not know what happened, very anxious. Anything you can share?
Hi Matrixzero

2months is like nothing I would say in about 3-4 months time send them a gentle reminder to check if your application has been received and if you could be given a file number and then you will be advise they have put it in the processing Q. after 4 months of that send them another reminder asking for an update. As I said patience and heaps of it will get you across the finish line. And of course a strong application as well.

matrixzero

Dec 18, 2018
Hi Matrixzero

2months is like nothing I would say in about 3-4 months time send them a gentle reminder to check if your application has been received and if you could be given a file number and then you will be advise they have put it in the processing Q. after 4 months of that send them another reminder asking for an update. As I said patience and heaps of it will get you across the finish line. And of course a strong application as well.
Thank you for this!

Apr 21, 2019
Well, I applied for a new eTA, stating that I needed to have one that accurately reflected my situation (disclosure of criminal record etc).

So I applied, after just over a week, my old eTA was cancelled and my new eTA was approved.
How did you go about reapplying for your new eta? My boyfriend is in the same position but I’m unsure as to whether he needs to just apply as a new one and include everything? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

soliloquy

Nov 3, 2016
How did you go about reapplying for your new eta? My boyfriend is in the same position but I’m unsure as to whether he needs to just apply as a new one and include everything? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I just applied for one as if it was the first time, but made sure to mention that I already had one, gave the number for the old one, and told them I wanted a new one that reflected my circumstances and included the approval number for the rehabilitation. I got it approved very quickly.

It all worked out, I now have PR.

Reactions: dshobbs87

rtsmith1929

May 11, 2019
Timeline update:

I'm in a situation where I need to enter Canada from time to time for work. Initially when I got this job, I was one year shy of being eligible for rehabilitation. Criminal rehabilitation processing times were advertised at about one year. So I applied for a 2 year TRP which allowed me to travel into Canada in the meantime. I applied for the rehab as soon as I became eligible. All were approved and the timeline follows:

9/26- TRP application submitted
2/21- TRP application approved (2 year TRP)
6/23- (The day that I became eligible for rehabilitation) criminal rehabilitation application submitted.
10/21- received an email from the consulate that my application for criminal rehab was received and placed in the processing queue.
3/4- application for criminal rehabilitation approved

I hope this helps someone