+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Record

Ankush12345

Sep 27, 2018
I got convicted for drinking in public place and Misconduct in public by a drunken person under section 510 IPC .. I admitted the crime and I was then fined 1010 Rs. This offence happened in India. Will I become inadmissible for Canada for this petty crime .

beejenkins

Feb 25, 2018
Hi everyone, I am a canadian applying for spousal sponsorship to sponsor my british husband. We did our spousal visa in UK and lived there for a few years until this year when we decided to come to canada , we are applying for INLAND and he is already here with me. Just got his record check in.... He has an assault charge on his record from 2005 , it was a group bar brawl that got out of control. No jail time but a fine. Nothing after or for 11 years , Then in 2016 i had a horrible sociopath for a boss who cheated me out of a bunch of money and my husband approached him at the bar and told him to pay me, it wasn't violent but he called the cops and said he was "threatened " (horrible man, used it as leverage to not pay me by saying it would effect our immigration so i should drop it all) , the police let it go as a caution since this guy has claimed he has been "assaulted " so many times they actually knew him! Unfortunately for us though it still has shown up on the police check as "caution" assault.
How should we proceed with our application? With a cover letter? Does anyone know what the outcome might be or how they look at cautions in canada?
Causing us a lot of stress.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Hi everyone, I am a canadian applying for spousal sponsorship to sponsor my british husband. We did our spousal visa in UK and lived there for a few years until this year when we decided to come to canada , we are applying for INLAND and he is already here with me. Just got his record check in.... He has an assault charge on his record from 2005 , it was a group bar brawl that got out of control. No jail time but a fine. Nothing after or for 11 years , Then in 2016 i had a horrible sociopath for a boss who cheated me out of a bunch of money and my husband approached him at the bar and told him to pay me, it wasn't violent but he called the cops and said he was "threatened " (horrible man, used it as leverage to not pay me by saying it would effect our immigration so i should drop it all) , the police let it go as a caution since this guy has claimed he has been "assaulted " so many times they actually knew him! Unfortunately for us though it still has shown up on the police check as "caution" assault.
How should we proceed with our application? With a cover letter? Does anyone know what the outcome might be or how they look at cautions in canada?
Causing us a lot of stress.
I am sorry about your situation with your husband. It appears to me he's currently inadmissible for the assaults, and it also seems this was not disclosed when you entered Canada so there could be consequences for misrepresentation that could possibly bar you from applying for any type of application.

Reactions: scylla