+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Record

Sammytord

Aug 13, 2018
Hi there, recently I was valuntarily deported from US. Last year i was charged with marriage fraud and i spent 5 months in FDC(federal detention center in miami) and after 5 months i asked the Judge to let me buy my own flight ticket and go back to my county valuntarily and he approved it. Now I really want to move to Canada. U think i have any chances to get visa?

Sammytord

Aug 13, 2018
Hi there, recently I was valuntarily deported from US. Last year i was charged with marriage fraud and i spent 5 months in FDC(federal detention center in miami) and after 5 months i asked the Judge to let me buy my own flight ticket and go back to my county valuntarily and he approved it. Now I really want to move to Canada. U think i have any chances to get visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No chance for a visitor visa, work permit or study permit.

If you want to come to Canada, you will need to focus on applying to immigrate.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018

The issue will still persists even if intent is PR only, because he was criminally charged and I think there was a plea agreement made when he was let go.

You need to request your FBI certificate and see what the disposition was on your case. You are probably looking at 5 years before you can at least apply for rehabilitation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The issue will still persists even if intent is PR only, because he was criminally charged and I think there was a plea agreement made when he was let go.

You need to request your FBI certificate and see what the disposition was on your case. You are probably looking at 5 years before you can at least apply for rehabilitation.
The charge was marriage fraud. Based on previous cases here, I don't believe that results in inadmissibility. However I could be mistaken.

Sammytord

Aug 13, 2018

What do i have to do for that? You saying i got no chance to get any type of visa. How can i apply to immigrate to Canada?
I only did 5 months in FDC you think that can affect on getting my documents to Canada?

Sammytord

Aug 13, 2018

What do i have to do for that? You saying i got no chance to get any type of visa. How can i apply to immigrate to Canada?
I only did 5 months in FDC you think that can affect on getting my documents to Canada?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Were you entrapped by an undercover officer into agreeing to marriage fraud or did you actually enter into a marriage arrangement with someone and it was discovered later (meaning you actually got the green card from it)?

Sammytord

Aug 13, 2018
Were you entrapped by an undercover officer into agreeing to marriage fraud or did you actually enter into a marriage arrangement with someone and it was discovered later (meaning you actually got the green card from it)?
I entered into a marriage but I never got my green card, i only had work authorization card. I have never had an interview with immigration officer as well. My wife snitched on me after she got what she wanted. She used up all my credit cards and all my money and when she found out that i’m useless for her she just decided to get rid of me as quick as possible. That’s all about it. While i lived in the usa i paid all my taxes and plus i never had any criminal record except this one

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
I entered into a marriage but I never got my green card, i only had work authorization card. I have never had an interview with immigration officer as well. My wife snitched on me after she got what she wanted. She used up all my credit cards and all my money and when she found out that i’m useless for her she just decided to get rid of me as quick as possible. That’s all about it. While i lived in the usa i paid all my taxes and plus i never had any criminal record except this one
In this case it can be said your offense is equivalent to fraud in Canada. I'm not sure about your admissibility but chances are you're criminally inadmissible, you can only find out by submitting a rehabilitation application and checking "for information" at the top.

I agree with Scylla that you will not be getting any temporary visa to Canada, only PR if possible. What you should do know is submit a rehabilitation app and see where you can go from there.

Sammytord

Aug 13, 2018
In this case it can be said your offense is equivalent to fraud in Canada. I'm not sure about your admissibility but chances are you're criminally inadmissible, you can only find out by submitting a rehabilitation application and checking "for information" at the top.

I agree with Scylla that you will not be getting any temporary visa to Canada, only PR if possible. What you should do know is submit a rehabilitation app and see where you can go from there.

Shoud I take rehabilitation in Canada? I just don’t get it why do i need rehabiliation for? Can you make it clear please?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Shoud I take rehabilitation in Canada? I just don’t get it why do i need rehabiliation for? Can you make it clear please?
The rehabilitation application is one way to assess your admissibility into Canada without actually applying to enter Canada. This is beneficial for you because you will know your answer straight away instead of waiting to be eligible to apply for PR and then filing lengthy applications only to learn that you are criminally inadmissible.

Just to be clear you are not applying for rehabilitation you are only using the rehabilitation forms. In the form you will check "for information only" and what that essentially means you are not asking the Canadian government to pardon your offense but rather make an assessment of whether you can enter the country or not. It is a final decision made by two immigration officers, and so if you receive a favorable reply you are then %100 certain you can enter and immigrate to Canada in spite of your past offense.

Sammytord

Aug 13, 2018
The rehabilitation application is one way to assess your admissibility into Canada without actually applying to enter Canada. This is beneficial for you because you will know your answer straight away instead of waiting to be eligible to apply for PR and then filing lengthy applications only to learn that you are criminally inadmissible.

Just to be clear you are not applying for rehabilitation you are only using the rehabilitation forms. In the form you will check "for information only" and what that essentially means you are not asking the Canadian government to pardon your offense but rather make an assessment of whether you can enter the country or not. It is a final decision made by two immigration officers, and so if you receive a favorable reply you are then %100 certain you can enter and immigrate to Canada in spite of your past offense.
Thank you so much for making it clear for me. I really appreciate your answer.