App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
Sponsorship approval Dec 18th 2009
Nomination.....
MICC approval Jan 11th 2010
AOR Received.
PR in process Jan 18th 2010
My daughter had a criminal record for a shoplifting when she was 15 (it was in Scandinavia). She received a fine by mail and paid it (approx. 60 CAD), and the record was on her police certificate till she turned 17. When I applied for my PR, I honestly answered the question "have you ever been..." on her application and ticked the box "YES" with further explanation. However, I received my PR and now I'm going to sponsor her. She's now 19 and her police certificate is clear now (nothing since then). It was just a stupid teenager accident. My question is how to answer the question "have you ever been convicted of..." - the same as I did for my application, i.e. to say "YES" and write an explanation, or just "NO," since there's nothing on her police certificate.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

diana90 said:
My daughter had a criminal record for a shoplifting when she was 15 (it was in Scandinavia). She received a fine by mail and paid it (approx. 60 CAD), and the record was on her police certificate till she turned 17. When I applied for my PR, I honestly answered the question "have you ever been..." on her application and ticked the box "YES" with further explanation. However, I received my PR and now I'm going to sponsor her. She's now 19 and her police certificate is clear now (nothing since then). It was just a stupid teenager accident. My question is how to answer the question "have you ever been convicted of..." - the same as I did for my application, i.e. to say "YES" and write an explanation, or just "NO," since there's nothing on her police certificate.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Answer yes, she lies, gets caught 2 year ban for misrepresentation. She was a juvenile at the time, summary offence in Canada, so it doesn't make her inadmissible, unless the item was worth more that $5000

PMM

diana90

Nov 11, 2009
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
Sponsorship approval Dec 18th 2009
Nomination.....