+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Record - Fingerprints - RCMP

Janette1977

Mar 9, 2020
Hi all,
I already have a document from RCMP called Release of Results of Criminal Record Check (based on name and date of birth) but my lawyer said that's not enough and I should get a Certified Criminal Record with fingerprints taken. My application has been submitted a while ago only with PCs from other countries including my original country. The local RCMP officer I just called said that they no longer give fingerprints for immigration purposes unless I have a letter from immigration specifically asking for it.
Anyone has similar experience, any thoughts? Does the immigration require Canadian PC before or after application submission or should I want until they ask for it? So far I haven't gotten any news from the immigration.

Ottawagal

Aug 18, 2019
According to IRCC website they will request it during the application process if they need it. So basically wait for them to request it.

Janette1977

Mar 9, 2020
According to IRCC website they will request it during the application process if they need it. So basically wait for them to request it.
Thank you, that's what I read from the checklist too. I just don't want to be know-it-all if I pointed that to him (my lawyer).