+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Record Certificate from Spain

taranbir5

Jan 29, 2018
india
NOC Code......
Hi Luana,

Really sorry that I only saw your message now, I was away for a while.

I'd be happy to answer all your questions, do you want to PM me with your email address? I can give you a detailed breakdown of the process.

I think your best bet is submit everything as is if you are running out of time, and meanwhile get the other things done which you can provide if they request it later.

Vishal
Hello Vishal, can you help me out i have some doubts in filling modelo 790,

davidf77

Feb 25, 2018
Hey GlenPid

You can get your PCC translated by an authorized translator in Canada. I did same. And I did not legalize it an Canadian consulate in Spain nor in spanish consulate in Canada. I just had it translated by a certified translator. However, I attached the credentials of the translator. That much was more than enough and now my wife and I have received PR. Everything done smoothly.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
Was your Spanish PCC legalized? I have PCC from Spain a year ago but it is electronically signed with some code and there is no stamp at all

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
Was your Spanish PCC legalized? I have PCC from Spain a year ago but it is electronically signed with some code and there is no stamp at all
davidf77,

My PCC has 3 pages. Second page has signature and official stamp of official from Legalization Department. The document was made available on February 17, 2017.

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017

Souqi

Oct 6, 2018
So here is what the lawyer in Barcelona told me who is helping me get the PCC.

1) Ask my friend to fill the MODEL 490 with her details and my details in the relevant sections.
2) She goes and pays for it in Barcelona, and gets the PCC same day.
3) In the model 490, I have asked them that I need it for Canada, so if they legalise it then good, or else my friend will send it to Madrid via post for legalization.
4) After getting the PCC, it must be translated only by a sworn-in translators mentioned by the Spanish Government.
5) After that, she will take it to the Canadian embassy in Barcelona for approval
6) Finally ship that to me.

This should take a week.

If I have forgotten any steps, guys please let me know.... I have around 50 days on my ITA.
So here is what the lawyer in Barcelona told me who is helping me get the PCC.

1) Ask my friend to fill the MODEL 490 with her details and my details in the relevant sections.
2) She goes and pays for it in Barcelona, and gets the PCC same day.
3) In the model 490, I have asked them that I need it for Canada, so if they legalise it then good, or else my friend will send it to Madrid via post for legalization.
4) After getting the PCC, it must be translated only by a sworn-in translators mentioned by the Spanish Government.
5) After that, she will take it to the Canadian embassy in Barcelona for approval
6) Finally ship that to me.

This should take a week.

If I have forgotten any steps, guys please let me know.... I have around 50 days on my ITA.
Hey, hope all is well, I’m suffering now from this issue, I applied by mail from Jordan 3 months ago with no response.
Can you please advise the exact papers I need to send for my friend to submit it on my behalf ??

knmorris85

Mar 19, 2018
Hey- as people have said we figured this out.

My husband had to send a copy of his passport to the Spanish embassy in Ottawa to be legalized. He then sent that with the application and proof of wire fee payment to Spain. Received his police check back in about 2 weeks.

Dr Omega

Nov 23, 2018
Hello guys,

I am in the same boat and in rush, help me, please.

In this website
http://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satellite/en/1200666550200/Tramite_C/1215326258560/Detalle.html
they say it must be paid from a bank located outside national Spanish territory, is this a must? Can I ask a friend in Spain to pay?

The second thing about legalization, I am confused from your talk ... Now after I receive my certificate in Spanish, I should legalize it in the Spanish embassy in my country? Or translate it and legalize the translation in the Canadian embassy in my country? Or to legalize the translation in the Spanish embassy in my country?

Finally to fill the following in tasa 790, am I correct?
20. COUNTRY OF DESTINATATION: Canada
21. AUTHORITY OR ENTITY BEFORE WHICH IT IS TO BE VALID: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
32. PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT IS REQUESTED: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Thanks a lot

JinTonic

Nov 29, 2018
I have a query:
I am from India and want this criminal certificate to be valid in Canada.
1) Do I need to go for The Hague Apostille or any apostile?
2) If so, will the Ministry of Justice send my certificate automatically to them for apostile?

3) Should I add apostile fee along with the 3,78 fee while making the wired payment?
4) Can I get the certificate apostiled here in India?
I have just five days to apply my ITA. Would really appreciate urgent help from you guys. Thanks!

JinTonic

Nov 29, 2018
Can anyone help me please? I have submitted all required documents by post, which they have received last Friday. There is no acknowledgement from them on the receipt of my application. When I call them, they speak in Spanish and I don't. Can anyone please help me with an email address through which they actually respond? Would be a great help. Thanks in advance!

RIVAVE

Jun 13, 2019
Hi,
Has anyone stayed in Spain in last 10 years and received PCC/ criminal record certificate from Spain. ? I need to know that I receive one- but as per CIC website this should be legalised. Can some one tell me the meaning of legalisation as does it says about Apostile, but Canada is not under Hague convection - so that may not work.
Can some one let me know what to do for legalisation, and if some one also know authorised Translator as i need to convert this from spanish to english . Please suggest as this is urgent . Thanks

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
Hi there,

I'm missing one last document before submitting my PR application and it's a criminal record certificate from Spain for my girlfriend (common law) since she spent there over a year (studying/working).

We applied by post as described here www .mjusticia.gob.es on June 9. but haven't received anything back yet.

We sent them
- 790 form
- proof of payment
- certified photocopy of passport (by Canadian notary)

In another document it says legalize a photocopy of passport at your nearest Spanish consulate. Is there a difference between having it notarized by a Canadian notary and having it legalized at a consulate? Anyway even if we did something wrong, they should at least return the application or let us know whether we're missing something.

We tried to email Ministry of Justice in Madrid twice but no response yet. We have just couple weeks left to submit the application so getting little bit worried.

Thanks

Tomas
Hello,

I am exactly in the same situation than the original post:

I applied for two PCCs from Spain (one from me and one for my partner) back in February. I received by post in France after a few weeks, but my partner never received hers in Poland (I am French, she's Polish, we live in Australia...easy)
In May we applied to PR (AOR May 2nd) without it, but we uploaded all the proofs that we tried to get it.
After a few months more, and still no PCC, it seemed our application was on hold with IRCC because of that, so we gave it another try. 2 months later, still no PCC received... For both times, the Spanish say they did send it (did they though...)
So a few weeks ago we decide to bring the big guns and do it with UPS (as opposed to normal post before), with return UPS envelop too.
a few days later, the tracking tells me they received it... so far so good.
I wait a few days, while I keep checking the return tracking number to see if its activated...nothing. After a week I contact them, and they tell me they already sent it, a few days ago ! But the UPS tracking is still saying that they didn't receive anything !
I am just losing my mind... what did they do with that parcel ?? And of course I barely speak Spanish, and they don't speak English, so every time it's a nightmare to communicate.
9 months that I am waiting for this PCC, and even with UPS it seems I cannot get it !
Any idea what I can do ?

The 6 months of my AOR are now passed, and at the latest news (GMCS notes in August), IRCC didn't even start my application because of this missing document... IRCC has started its count down of 90 days to provide it, until mid January, otherwise they will process my application without "at the risk of being refused"...

Any chance IRCC would still validate my PR without that document ? They can't say I haven't tried to get it...

I am desperate :(

ayshel

Jul 15, 2020
Hello,

I applied for two PCCs from Spain (one from me and one for my partner) back in February. I received by post in France after a few weeks, but my partner never received hers in Poland (I am French, she's Polish, we live in Australia...easy)
In May we applied to PR (AOR May 2nd) without it, but we uploaded all the proofs that we tried to get it.
After a few months more, and still no PCC, it seemed our application was on hold with IRCC because of that, so we gave it another try. 2 months later, still no PCC received... For both times, the Spanish say they did send it (did they though...)
So a few weeks ago we decide to bring the big guns and do it with UPS (as opposed to normal post before), with return UPS envelop too.
I wait a few days, while I keep checking the return tracking number to see if its activated...nothing. After a week I contact them, and they tell me they already sent it, a few days ago ! But the UPS tracking is still saying that they didn't receive anything !
I am just losing my mind... what did they do with that parcel ?? And of course I barely speak Spanish, and they don't speak English, so every time it's a nightmare to communicate.
9 months that I am waiting for this PCC, and even with UPS it seems I cannot get it !
Any idea what I can do ?

The 6 months of my AOR are now passed, and at the latest news (GMCS notes in August), IRCC didn't even start my application because of this missing document... IRCC has started its count down of 90 days to provide it, until mid January, otherwise they will process my application without "at the risk of being refused"...

Any chance IRCC would still validate my PR without that document ? They can't say I haven't tried to get it...

Hello,

Any idea what I can do ?

Hello there!
I’m exactly in the same situation with you. Ministry of Justice in Spain says they have sent my PCC but UPS tracking back number shows no shipment. Could you understand what the problem is ? :/

Victoria521

Jun 2, 2021
Hello ladies and gentlemen.
I am trying to get Criminal record certificate for my mother. She came to Canada for a visit from Spain (she is Spanish citizenship)and after staying here with us we notice that something wrong with her. Well ,she was diagnosed with dementia early Alzhegeimer here while staying with us. I can not send her back to Spain . She is sick and all her kids are here. I am trying to legalize her status here in Canada. She is no help at all. I cannot speak Spanish. Trying to get info from Spanish consular but no luck. I was trying to pay fees for criminal record certificate in CIBC and TD banks. they could not do this.
They need;
1. NAME OF THE BANK
2. ADDRESS OF THE BANK
3. ACCOUNT NUMBER OF THE ACCOUNT HOLDER (Ministry of Justice)
Information on the website is not enough to do wire transfer as banks said to me.
Please those of you who was able to pay these 3.80 euros fee how did you do these?
I am doing this from outside of Spain option.
Thank you.