+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal police report for northern cyprus

Cecapplicant17

Oct 15, 2017
Hello I submitted my permanent residency application for Canada but got rejected because I had provided police report from TRNC. Cic stated that I should have gotten it from Cyprus but I lived in northern Cyprus. Please has anyone been in this situation before?

oc23

May 9, 2018
Hello, have you found a solution to this?. I would be going through the same. some guidance would be highly appreciated.

Cecapplicant17

Oct 15, 2017
Yes, include a letter of explanation that northern Cyprus' police certificate could only be gotten from the Turkish Republic of nothern cyprus. I sent a letter to IRCC explaining this situation and my case was reopened.

oc23

May 9, 2018
Thank you for your prompt response. have they accepted it now? has your case been completed?

Cecapplicant17

Oct 15, 2017
Apparently one month, I resubmitted a new one just last month. I had to voluntarily withdraw the previous case that was reopened because I realized I shouldn't be claiming points for internship. So my points went lower than the CRS as at ITA

Pikecann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Hello I submitted my permanent residency application for Canada but got rejected because I had provided police report from TRNC. Cic stated that I should have gotten it from Cyprus but I lived in northern Cyprus. Please has anyone been in this situation before?
Did you order your gcms notes? If so, did you see anything about TRNC police report on gcms notes ?

djainavictor

Jul 19, 2018
Apparently, TRNC Police Report can only be gotten from TRNC. turkish embassy here in Nigeria has told me to contact them directly though. TRNC wouldn't send my PCC. Why so hectic

itsmeusman

Sep 15, 2018
Yes, include a letter of explanation that northern Cyprus' police certificate could only be gotten from the Turkish Republic of nothern cyprus. I sent a letter to IRCC explaining this situation and my case was reopened.
I am in the same situation. What did you write exactly in the letter to IRCC? What email address did you use to contact them?

Cecapplicant17

Oct 15, 2017
I am in the same situation. What did you write exactly in the letter to IRCC? What email address did you use to contact them?
Hi was your application returned on this basis? If so, send a mail through case service enquirer on IRCC website that you would like your case to be reopened because TRNC is a country on its own although not recognized by Canada, but according to TRNC, you can only obtain your police certificate from TRNC and not from Cyprus or Turkey.