+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal offence affect citizenship (urgent )

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hello guys i hope you’re all doing fine i really appreciate your posts here also the fact that you’re being so helpful towards each other
Here is my case i applied for citizenship last year unfortunately an unexpected sad event happened after a few months later i was victim of harassment and bullying by one of my roommates i was fed up after too much pressure and i knock her on her door asking her to shut her mouth i left home to go to pharmacy after i came bAck i realized the door was broken then she called police in montreal after they came in they only took her testimony and not mine of course she lied to put me in trouble so i was charged with criminal harassment which is the opposite + misdeeds ( broken door ) .actually I am so worried right now to be honest . I even left the city and province i know she might call them and make assumptions and lies for example saying i came back to house etc who knows because i was told to leave the house . Actually i ended up in a shelter.
I am seeking your help please i was wondering If it is gonna impact my legal status here and citizenship application.
I received an email recently to take my exam online i passed it though
id like to know if my citizenship application will be affected .
I am still waiting for the date to appear in court
Thank you so much
I pray you all stay safe
Much love

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I guess an active charge has been entered into RCMP's database which will affect your application. Do not talk to the police. They are very judgemental. Find a good lawyer. If you can't afford one, apply for Legal Aid at courthouse (free, each province has it funded by government). As long as you are innocent, there's nothing to worry about. To convict someone, you need witness and evidence. They can't just make you admit something you didn't do. Your application will probably be put on hold. Your only hope is to fight the case. Inform IRCC that you have an active case going on.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hello guys i hope you’re all doing fine i really appreciate your posts here also the fact that you’re being so helpful towards each other
Here is my case i applied for citizenship last year unfortunately an unexpected sad event happened after a few months later i was victim of harassment and bullying by one of my roommates i was fed up after too much pressure and i knock her on her door asking her to shut her mouth i left home to go to pharmacy after i came bAck i realized the door was broken then she called police in montreal after they came in they only took her testimony and not mine of course she lied to put me in trouble so i was charged with criminal harassment which is the opposite + misdeeds ( broken door ) .actually I am so worried right now to be honest . I even left the city and province i know she might call them and make assumptions and lies for example saying i came back to house etc who knows because i was told to leave the house . Actually i ended up in a shelter.
I am seeking your help please i was wondering If it is gonna impact my legal status here and citizenship application.
I received an email recently to take my exam online i passed it though
id like to know if my citizenship application will be affected .
I am still waiting for the date to appear in court
Thank you so much
I pray you all stay safe
Much love
Whether your Background verification status on Ecas shows as Complete? And have you received any Fingerprint request prior taking Citizenship test?

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I guess an active charge has been entered into RCMP's database which will affect your application. Do not talk to the police. They are very judgemental. Find a good lawyer. If you can't afford one, apply for Legal Aid at courthouse (free, each province has it funded by government). As long as you are innocent, there's nothing to worry about. To convict someone, you need witness and evidence. They can't just make you admit something you didn't do. Your application will probably be put on hold. Your only hope is to fight the case. Inform IRCC that you have an active case going on.
Hi my friend first off thank you for taking the time to reply me . Actually i am still waiting the date to appear in court also i was given a lawyer who will inform me as soon as there are news .
he told me already he may help me to get rid of the criminal harassment as there is no evidence apart her false testimony but he can’t do anything about misdeeds (broken door) .
i was wondering now that i took the exam if my application is affected since i applied before this happened to me .
Thank you so so much for your time

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Your application is already affected since a charge will be found on Level 2 police check. You're prohibited from taking oath if you're subject to any criminal or immigration proceedings which is already happening (you have to sign oath form to confirm this before taking oath). You should inform IRCC immediately otherwise they will find out eventually. Your PR status will only be affected if you're sentenced to 6 months imprisonment or more. You need to ask an immigration lawyer also. Again, fight the case and do not back down by admitting. You should focus your time on research and discussions with your lawyers. Legal Aid laywers aren't that reliable because they have too many cases on hand. Do your own research on the topic and ask around. I hate to see innocent people go through shit like this. People in the West are just crazy......

Last edited:

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Your application is already affected since a charge will be found on Level 2 police check. You're prohibited from taking oath if you're subject to any criminal or immigration proceedings which is already happening (you have to sign oath form to confirm this before taking oath). You should inform IRCC immediately otherwise they will find out eventually. Again, fight the case and do not back down by admitting. You should focus your time on research and discussions with your lawyers. Legal Aid laywers aren't that reliable because they have too many cases on hand. Do your own research on the topic and ask around. I hate to see innocent people go through shit like this. People in the West are just crazy......
Thank you very much i feel down thanks for feeling me

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Whether your Background verification status on Ecas shows as Complete? And have you received any Fingerprint request prior taking Citizenship test?
No never took fingerprints . It doesnt show as completely as i didn’t attend the court yet . Thanks for taking time to answer me

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
No never took fingerprints . It doesnt show as completely as i didn’t attend the court yet . Thanks for taking time to answer me
Your PR status will only be affected if you're sentenced to 6 months imprisonment or more.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
What's your timeline and when did the incident happen?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Excuse me you meant by citizenship application? In my case im pr i applied for citizenship then after little time this happened to me
I know but when was your test invitation and when did u pass the test?

Last edited:

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
What's your timeline and when did the incident happen?
I passed the text 2 weeks ago
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 25, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 16, 2021

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
The incident happened september 25th 2021
They sent you test invitation almost 4 months after the incident? Looks like they're not keeping up with RCMP which is why on oath form there are two check boxes for you to confirm. In my opinion, possibly your PR status won't be affected since broken door is minor. Did you get Ontario Works or Disability Support? I probably have to live off it for a few months due to unemployment and medical condition:(

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
They sent you test invitation almost 4 months after the incident? Looks like they're not keeping up with RCMP which is why on oath form there are two check boxes for you to confirm. In my opinion, possibly your PR status won't be affected since broken door is minor. Did you get Ontario Works or Disability Support? I probably have to live off it for a few months due to unemployment and medical condition:(
Exactly i was never on welfare before until now i have to live since i ended up in street . This sad story happened to me in montreal so i quit quebec in case she wants to put me in more trouble while waiting to attend court