+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

criminal charges dropped

Yanvual

Mar 11, 2022
they got my FP but have requested for an interview with me and my wife. Did anybody else got a request for an interview?
Don’t worry about it. Have you been charged with domestic violence? If yes maybe they want to know how is life going with your wife now! They asked for the court reports?

Ava 123

Feb 22, 2022
Don’t worry about it. Have you been charged with domestic violence? If yes maybe they want to know how is life going with your wife now! They asked for the court reports?
Yes I was charged with it but they were dropped. They didn’t ask for court reports yet.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
thankyou so much for making the scenario so smooth and easy to understand jamie and newuser2018 .the more people you talk with the more confusing we get into.so i just applied for the citizenship on the end of october with check no no no no.lets see what happens.
cheerz.:)
Hi please update your case I m facing same issue ☹☹

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
My story:
in Aug 2020 I had an argument with my wife and she called the police, I was arrested and charged with domystic violence. After checking everything, police took my fingerprints, released me and I got Stay of proceeding.

in Sep 2021 I applied for citizenship and in prohibition part I choose No No No.

However, I was asked to take FP by CIC on 28 Feb
I took fingerprints on 1 Mar (fingerprint agency) and in tracker it still shows waiting on you.
In order to make sure I don’t miss CIC deadline. I went to RCMP to take one more time on 1 Apr.

I got test invitation on 5 Apr.

Problem here is I am still very worried as in FP request CIC said “ your fingerprints must be taken within 90 days from this letter” and what I learnt from RCMP that RCMP needs at least 120 days to process my criminal check if there is a match (for which I had as they saved my FP in 2020).

Could someone here shed a light on me, do I have problem with CIC after 90 days of FP request as they might not receive my FP within next 3-4 months. Should I contact CIC and explain to them?

Thank you.

Fingercrossed.
Please update your status ??? I m facing same issue ☹☹

amudhavalli85

Jan 8, 2024
Do not worry bro.I was charged for assault too after my wife called police.Just send a copy from the court with your application together. They will later ask finger prints from you. If you have no criminal records do not worry. You will become Citizen.

I just passed test and waiting for the Oath now.

Do not worry and good luck!:)
I just give finger print on first court day and no disclosure or trial. Will it affect my citizenship application in-progress.