+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credit Card Transaction declined

classic123

Nov 25, 2012
Hi Guys, I just received a mail in which my transaction for canadian immigration declined. The reason was insuuficient funds. I talked with my bank why this happened, they tole this is due to the RBI guidelines which came few months back that all international transactions will be blocked, unless the user gives permission of it. I was not sure of it because on the same card, i have previous transaction of around 80000 abroad also.

now what will happen, I am in jeopardy

1. Will they try again.
2. Trying to get in touch with them, till now no luck.
3. Will my Application gets rejected. or do i have to start it from scratch again.
4. will they ask for any other payment mode, i am ready to pay with draft also.

Please help me guys with the above answers, what could be the plan of action now. The ball is in their court now.

:(

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
classic123 said:
Hi Guys, I just received a mail in which my transaction for canadian immigration declined. The reason was insuuficient funds. I talked with my bank why this happened, they tole this is due to the RBI guidelines which came few months back that all international transactions will be blocked, unless the user gives permission of it. I was not sure of it because on the same card, i have previous transaction of around 80000 abroad also.

now what will happen, I am in jeopardy

1. Will they try again.
2. Trying to get in touch with them, till now no luck.
3. Will my Application gets rejected. or do i have to start it from scratch again.
4. will they ask for any other payment mode, i am ready to pay with draft also.

Please help me guys with the above answers, what could be the plan of action now. The ball is in their court now.

:(
Did you send your card # to CIO Sydney or PNP office?

Next time, use a demand draft.

classic123

Nov 25, 2012
my file was sent too CIO Sydney

Now what the status?

Like is it a Rejected Application or they will give me a chance, I had already emailed them

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
classic123 said:
my file was sent too CIO Sydney

Now what the status?

Like is it a Rejected Application or they will give me a chance, I had already emailed them
normally they just send the whole application package back saying it cannot be processed due to insufficient funds but if they give you the opportunity to give them a different payment method then you should use it.

How do you know your credit card was declined?

classic123

Nov 25, 2012
I got a message from the bank immediately after they tried processing it

so, if application packagae sent back, does it mean fully rejected and apply from scratch again

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
classic123 said:
I got a message from the bank immediately after they tried processing it

so, if application packagae sent back, does it mean fully rejected and apply from scratch again
yes, they will send you back the application package saying that they could not process your application and you will have to apply again...

if you have all the required documents, you can send the second package now itself instead of waiting for the return package.

classic123

Nov 25, 2012
Doing all the things again like

1. ielts
2. pcc
3. another country's pcc
4. same 1+ year process starting from the day onwards, i send the documents
5. same way i will again receive a documents specifying that i am eblible for PNP program

This way

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
classic123 said:
Doing all the things again like

1. ielts
2. pcc
3. another country's pcc
4. same 1+ year process starting from the day onwards, i send the documents
5. same way i will again receive a documents specifying that i am eblible for PNP program

This way
since you are applying under PNP, I am not sure how it will play out for you....when does your PNP nomination expire?

IELTS you can just get another copy....and yes processing will start again.

classic123

Nov 25, 2012
Till now, they had not tried second time yet. I had a word with my bank and they had activated the international transaction on it, as previously it was denied due to RBI rules.

Now will they try again or not.

I have already mailed them regarding the transaction issue i faced.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
classic123 said:
Till now, they had not tried second time yet. I had a word with my bank and they had activated the international transaction on it, as previously it was denied due to RBI rules.

Now will they try again or not.

I have already mailed them regarding the transaction issue i faced.
I don't think they are going to try again.

My opinion: Since you applied under PNP you need your PNP nomination certificate..you already sent your certificate to CIO so you either need to wait (I won't personally) because CIO will be sending the package in regular mail which will take forever to reach India...also your certificate expires in one month

or you need to request a new certificate from the province...i don't know how feasible that is but can be looked into

classic123

Nov 25, 2012
Hi,

But my sister is authorized and all mailing address is her own, in canada. Even though my Indian Address is there too.

Will they send to my Sister or me then

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
classic123 said:
Hi,

But my sister is authorized and all mailing address is her own, in canada. Even though my Indian Address is there too.

Will they send to my Sister or me then
then there are chances they will send the file to your sister's canadian address

classic123

Nov 25, 2012
Well, Update here, They actually tried again and this time it got charged..

But when i checked my Statement, It was showing as Memo Debit under Settlement, So what does this mean. I had a word with the Credit Card Company and they said, the transaction has not been collected by merchant yet

well what does this mean, i am not sure.

Do someone have any idea about it

Regards