+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CREDIT CARD Dues!!

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Lump sum transfers are not unacceptable automatically. It depends upon the source of the funds. For example, if I sell my car to meet the funds, this is acceptable. However, I will need to provide proof of the sale. The main thing is to prove that the funds are not a loan.

I don't know what CIC's view of gifts are or what their requirements are. This may be something to ask them directly (i.e. you will be receiving an unencumbered gift - what documentary evidence will they require)

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
hossamo33 said:
I'm getting frustrated because I actually have much more than the needed funds (not to mention my brother who is a medical doctor in Canada), I genuinely do! I just don't know how to prove it without causing any confusions!!
What is the nature of your current funds (other than your father's salary) and is there any reason why you can't provide proof? (investment documents/bank statements/salary payslips/etc)?

Don't focus on your brother because this will not be acceptable for proof of funds. You need to have the minimum funds independent of any assistance your brother will provide. I don't think CIC will take this into account.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
andycan said:
Hey,

I have some issue with mt Credit Card Company. Basically I have Dues Nearly about $2000 USD. I didnt clear my credit card dues to as bcoz they didnt waived some late fine charges.

I called several times to CC Customer Card but they didnt

After that i purchased a Mobile Phone.... and in the last bill when i got the CC statement they include LATE FINE + Mobile Phones + Interest Charge.

When i Received the last statement i saw that they didnt waived my previous bill Late fine charges also. i called the customer care and told them i will not pay any single penny.

5 years gone i didn't pay. Every Month they called me to clear me the dues. but i didnt. Now its nearly $2000 + Dues.

Will it Effect me?? Will CIC by any chance ask me to clear the Credit Card Dues??

Please Confirm me Experts.
Credit card dues has no implication on your application. They are simply your liability. You should mention this as your liability in your app.

Only thing which could hurt you real bad is if Credit Card company files criminal charges against you such as charges for fraudulent activity or breaching your credit card agreement. It's in your best interest to clear the dues ASAP. Especially because if they file any charges, this might render your name being added to no-flying list and govt may force you to surrender your passport until the legal proceedings are completed, which could take years.

Even if you get thru visa application, this WILL certainly have left a mark on your credit file. If you do NOT clear your dues, you could have trouble when you try to borrow money in Canada, for e.g. your mortgage might get refused due to your credit history in your home country! I am not sure if credit agencies do a credit check outside the country, but things are changing, if they don't do it now, they might do it in future!

Whatever your dispute is with credit card company, it's best to have a clean background before moving abroad because these things can come haunting big time in future! If for example CC company files charges against you after you move to Canada, it may cause problems when you try to apply for Canadian Citizenship / passport.

andycan

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Thanks for your reply. how to check it?? any idea??

asking you as because in my country Philippines have no official site is available to check passport will eligible for applying to get Visa or not...

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
Jaxon911 said:
Credit card dues has no implication on your application. They are simply your liability. You should mention this as your liability in your app.

Only thing which could hurt you real bad is if Credit Card company files criminal charges against you such as charges for fraudulent activity or breaching your credit card agreement. It's in your best interest to clear the dues ASAP. Especially because if they file any charges, this might render your name being added to no-flying list and govt may force you to surrender your passport until the legal proceedings are completed, which could take years.

Even if you get thru visa application, this WILL certainly have left a mark on your credit file. If you do NOT clear your dues, you could have trouble when you try to borrow money in Canada, for e.g. your mortgage might get refused due to your credit history in your home country! I am not sure if credit agencies do a credit check outside the country, but things are changing, if they don't do it now, they might do it in future!

Whatever your dispute is with credit card company, it's best to have a clean background before moving abroad because these things can come haunting big time in future! If for example CC company files charges against you after you move to Canada, it may cause problems when you try to apply for Canadian Citizenship / passport.

hey thats really a detailed answer thanks...

do you think credit card dues reflect on your police certificate?

a friend of mine had a small credit card due in the UK around 5 years back and a contract phone but he had to leave the country in a rush and couldnt settle it. he totally forgot about it till now ...and he has to apply for a police certificate for UK. how ever he never heard from any of the credit card companies or phone companies...and i personally worked in a bank in the UK and i know every 5 years your credit history is wiped and you can have a fresh start...how ever do you think this would reflect on his police clearance certificate?

and secondly i am employed and i have two bank accounts one in which i get my salary but this account is linked to a loan account as well and i do not want to show this to CIC, i have another account where i am gonna put the required amount from this account. but my payslips have my first bank account number...do you think CIC will ask me that the account i am showing and the account i am getting paid to are different and will this have any issues??

thanks a lot

Michau

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Here is your email:

Hi CIC,

1. If i have any Credit Card dues what should i do??

2. Regarding Proof of Fund after ITA if i make Fixed Deposit ok or not?? is it ok with CIC??

Thanks
andycan
I just spat coffee on my screen. +1 for making my day.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
futurecanadiannew123456 said:
hey thats really a detailed answer thanks...

do you think credit card dues reflect on your police certificate?

a friend of mine had a small credit card due in the UK around 5 years back and a contract phone but he had to leave the country in a rush and couldnt settle it. he totally forgot about it till now ...and he has to apply for a police certificate for UK. how ever he never heard from any of the credit card companies or phone companies...and i personally worked in a bank in the UK and i know every 5 years your credit history is wiped and you can have a fresh start...how ever do you think this would reflect on his police clearance certificate?

and secondly i am employed and i have two bank accounts one in which i get my salary but this account is linked to a loan account as well and i do not want to show this to CIC, i have another account where i am gonna put the required amount from this account. but my payslips have my first bank account number...do you think CIC will ask me that the account i am showing and the account i am getting paid to are different and will this have any issues??

thanks a lot
Credit defaults do get wiped out after 6 years but if credit company files criminal charges, it would be there on police certificate. And if you (or your friend) don't follow up then it would result in further charges for example if you're required to appear before a county court and you don't appear then you may get charged for disregarding court order and if you get declared guilty then you're also liable to pay legal costs for the credit company plus interest so things can easily add up to something serious!