+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credit Card Debt after AOR

primeo5

Feb 22, 2019
Greetings to all my fellow members,

Please kindly help me out with my query related to credit card debt.

For POF, I've submitted two instruments:

1) Bank statements showing settlement funds for one person ($12669).

2) Latest credit card statement after paying it off completely ($0).

After AOR, I've now a credit card debt of $4,000 accumulated within 3 months time. These are routine expenses which I'm paying off regularly with my salary.

I need to know whether this credit card will affect my POF in any way.

Your support is appreciated.

primeo5

Feb 22, 2019
Is the Proof of fund kept in a separate bank account or a fixed deposit or something similar?
Proof of fund is a bank deposit supported by gift deed. From this account I pay off credit card dues regularly after receivig salary. Credit card is also from the same bank. Thank you.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
You need to keep the minimum required for at least 6 months, your bank account's 6 month average should not be less than required amount.

I would advise you to transfer the funds you received from your father to a fixed deposit and let it be there and make no changes to it.

primeo5

Feb 22, 2019
You need to keep the minimum required for at least 6 months, your bank account's 6 month average should not be less than required amount.

I would advise you to transfer the funds you received from your father to a fixed deposit and let it be there and make no changes to it.
Thank you for your reply. I'm maintaining that minimum ($12669) since 3 months and making no changes to it.

The only change is that my salary gets deposited periodically into that account which raises that mininum and I pay off my rent and routine expenses which are through my Credit Card.

The only difference is that during AOR, credit card balance was 0 and now it's $4000 which will get reduced in a month or so.

My query was whether this credit card debt will affect my POF in any way because it's a rotating debt which goes up and down time to time with expenses and income. Thank you

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I'm maintaining that minimum ($12669) since 3 months and making no changes to it.

The only change is that my salary gets deposited periodically into that account which raises that mininum and I pay off my rent and routine expenses which are through my Credit Card.

The only difference is that during AOR, credit card balance was 0 and now it's $4000 which will get reduced in a month or so.

My query was whether this credit card debt will affect my POF in any way because it's a rotating debt which goes up and down time to time with expenses and income. Thank you

Still, I would suggest you to keep the canadian funds in a different account and just let it be there until you do your landing. This is what many do and what I am doing.