+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credential assessment real obstacle - need help!

xzin101

Nov 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear members,

So I'm an Iraqi citizen living in Iraq and I graduated from UST of Yemen in 2008 from Computer Science Faculty.
I moved back to my country in 2013 and haven't gone back to Yemen after that. Now, from what I understand from all so-called designated organizations for ECA websites' instructions is that in order to get my credentials evaluated I need to have my academic transcripts sent DIRECTLY to one of the designated ECA organizations BY THE INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED. But here's the real issue with that: I cannot do that simply because there is fierce war in Yemen now. The university itself in Yemen has been shut down and there is no way for me to contact them let alone have them send my transcripts to WES/ICES/CES/..etc directly. Although before I had left Yemen, I obtained my English attested degree certificate and attested transcripts along with the originals of course. In other words, I have everything that I need with me HERE.
To be honest I'm very frustrated because I contacted some of these orgs and they got back to me restating CIC's guidelines and assuring that they will abide by these rules .. blah blah. I'm starting to think some of these folks don't really watch the news!! CIC must have an exception and therefore a resolution for such majeure cases otherwise it's completely unfair.
Any help/advice/recommendation would be appreciated.. :(

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hi,

It is really unfortunate, what you are going through. My thoughts, as available steps, are as below:

1. Contacting CIC will not help as Express Entry System is requiring all to fill up the ECA data. Without which, you will loose valuable points.
2. Contacting each and every authorized institutions is only hope. At least 1 will have sympathy to consider this "out of the rule book" case.
3. I suggest call them first via their regular contact details (WES is worst).
4. Find out the senior authorities in each institutions and call them followed by an immediate mail.
5. Simultaneously, write to Minister McCallum's office for considering this case and asking for directions.
6. Most importantly, speak to some immigration lawyer (not AGENT) who is based in Canada and authorized by Canadian Government to provide immigration services. Ask about their opinions.

Others may give better insights and may or may not agree to above. This is purely my opinion and others will have their's. Whatever you do, do not loose hope!! It is the best form of strength.

Best luck!!

xzin101

Nov 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sincerely appreciate your valuable input and I find all the points you suggested not only reasonable but also somehow doable.
I took the initiative and wrote and email to minister John McCallum bringing forth my dilemma it's a long shot, I know.
Attempting to contact my university back in Yemen and have them open and fill in an application provided by WES and send my transcripts in a sealed stamped envelop is almost futile. I will continue exploring other possible solutions even though I don't see any glimpse of hope at this point.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Even the Consulate of Canada in Yemen is closed, and you are referred to contact the Embassy of Canada in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I would also add to suggest to contact that Embassy because your university was in Yemen, and maybe they can help endorse your current transcripts. You can also consider contacting the Canada visa office in Amman, Jordan, which handles applications from Iraq:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/amman.asp

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
xzin101 said:
I sincerely appreciate your valuable input and I find all the points you suggested not only reasonable but also somehow doable.
I took the initiative and wrote and email to minister John McCallum bringing forth my dilemma it's a long shot, I know.
Attempting to contact my university back in Yemen and have them open and fill in an application provided by WES and send my transcripts in a sealed stamped envelop is almost futile. I will continue exploring other possible solutions even though I don't see any glimpse of hope at this point.
Just to be clear, by authorised institutions, I meant eca authorised institutions like wes and others (points #2-4). Also, this very forum owners are nice lawyer company authorised by Canadian government for immigration services. Wouldn't hurt in writing to them and asking for opinions.

Wish you all the very best!!

xzin101

Nov 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
Even the Consulate of Canada in Yemen is closed, and you are referred to contact the Embassy of Canada in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I would also add to suggest to contact that Embassy because your university was in Yemen, and maybe they can help endorse your current transcripts. You can also consider contacting the Canada visa office in Amman, Jordan, which handles applications from Iraq:
http :// w w w .cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/amman.asp
Thank you bellaluna,
I just sent an email to both embassies of Canada in Amman and in Riyadh explaining everything, hopefully someone with a decent amount of common sense will guide me through this.

xzin101

Nov 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sagar1279 said:
Just to be clear, by authorised institutions, I meant eca authorised institutions like wes and others (points #2-4). Also, this very forum owners are nice lawyer company authorised by Canadian government for immigration services. Wouldn't hurt in writing to them and asking for opinions.

Wish you all the very best!!
Ahh I got you now!
I consulted with one of Mr. Cohen's assistants already and truth be told he got back to me real quick, but I guess you can't get a free concrete consultancy, if you know what I mean.
I am starting to have nightmares of this ECA unjust requirement :'(

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xzin101 said:
Ahh I got you now!
I consulted with one of Mr. Cohen's assistants already and truth be told he got back to me real quick, but I guess you can't get a free concrete consultancy, if you know what I mean.
I am starting to have nightmares of this ECA unjust requirement :'(
Friend.. Have you checked that the designated organisations for attesting your certificate DO the evaluation for your University?

Before going through the above (which can be helpful somehow) you have to make sure that the above organizations WES...etc do recognize your university..

xzin101

Nov 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does, thanks God! But now I am facing another issue! It looks like I have to send my Secondary Education Certificate as well (sent by the Ministry of Education in Yemen) a country that's having an ongoing war, airstrikes, bombing.. WES people are either so dumb or just living on a different planet

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xzin101 said:
It does, thanks God! But now I am facing another issue! It looks like I have to send my Secondary Education Certificate as well (sent by the Ministry of Education in Yemen) a country that's having an ongoing war, airstrikes, bombing.. WES people are either so dumb or just living on a different planet
Get an affidavit made vouching for the authenticity of the documents in your possession. Also explain in the affidavit the reason for making the affidavit in the first place - the ongoing war and closure of the institution hence your inability to get any other documents sent directly to WES from Yemen.

Create an online WES profile and make the payment for the CIC-friendly assessment program. Now you have a reference number which can be used for future communication with WES and also be passed on to anyone else in the World who can interject with WES on your behalf. Without this step, this is one big academic exercise for everyone else except You. You'll need to do this to show initiative.

Send the documents to WES along with a detailed cover letter explaining the while situation. Just in case they don't google or recognize the World around them, add a few recent online links about war reports by respectable foreign news media. This is the best you can do at your end to help them understand why you're 'flouting' the process. In the same cover letter, request them to accept these documents as genuine in light of the affidavit made especially for the cause. Attach any other relevant document to reinforce the genuineness of those transcripts - University degree of course but think of anything else that can add value here and attach those as well - maybe some employment letter mentions your University by name etc.

After having done all this, let WES decide how they proceed with your case. Meanwhile, write to CIC and anyone else you think might help here along with your WES reference number. Hope things work out for you.

All the best!

xzin101

Nov 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Impressive! You truly are a VIP member lol. I intend to take your recommendations seriously only because they make a lot of sense to me, and I shall update this thread with results when I have them. I don't know, my plan was to sign the contract with Mr. Cohen and make the first payment right after I get this ECA requirement out of the way, but now I'm thinking maybe I should shift that and have the immigration lawyer communicate with WES on my behalf and/or provide the affidavit. Please let me know your thoughts on this.
Your input is very valuable, thanks a million.