+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credential Assessment of Aerospace Apprentice Program

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends, I am in Canada on work permit and now applying for PR Card after spending 1 year on work permit. I have completed apprentice in aerospace (from outside Canada) and need to get my apprentice credential assessed by some institute. Does anyone know from their experience who would do the credential assessment of aerospace apprentice diploma and transcript. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
ECAs does not assess apprenticeships. If you went to a college or university and received a degree or diploma then yes. What post educational institute did you attend.

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have apprentice certificate from Pakistan International Airlines company. It is accepted by Civil Aviation Authorities and based on it, I acquired few aircraft maintenance licenses issued from national civil aviation authority. The same license is accepted all over the world in aerospace sector.

I know that ECA does not assess apprentice programs of aerospace but I do not know who would assess the aerospace apprentice program.
Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have apprentice certificate from Pakistan International Airlines company. It is accepted by Civil Aviation Authorities and based on it, I acquired few aircraft maintenance licenses issued from national civil aviation authority. The same license is accepted all over the world in aerospace sector.

I know that ECA does not assess apprentice programs of aerospace but I do not know who would assess the aerospace apprentice program.
Thanks in advance
Do you need this for education points? If so, you will not get points for an apprenticeship certificate.

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you need this for education points? If so, you will not get points for an apprenticeship certificate.
Do you know where to get the assessment of aerospace apprentice? The body who does the assessment of trades told me that they do not assess the aerospace apprentice regardless if it is a certificate or diploma. They explained that it is due to fact that it is sensitive and strictly regulated.
I wonder anyone at this forum knows which office would assess the aerospace apprentice diploma or certificate?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you know where to get the assessment of aerospace apprentice? The body who does the assessment of trades told me that they do not assess the aerospace apprentice regardless if it is a certificate or diploma. They explained that it is due to fact that it is sensitive and strictly regulated.
I wonder anyone at this forum knows which office would assess the aerospace apprentice diploma or certificate?
You will not get points for your certificate through any ECA. So not sure what you are asking. Are you looking at certification as a trade (not education). If so the NOC must be in the trade group. If you are an AME (mechanic), you are licensed through transport Canada.

https://www.avaerocouncil.ca/en/certification

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will not get points for your certificate through any ECA. So not sure what you are asking. Are you looking at certification as a trade (not education). If so the NOC must be in the trade group. If you are an AME (mechanic), you are licensed through transport Canada.

https://www.avaerocouncil.ca/en/certification
Thats a good information. I will reach out to them and find information.
To make my point more clear. I do not have a degree but I have trade licenses in aerospace and those are accepted in Canada and all over the world. I certify aircraft before flying. I am trying to find which agency in Canada would do the ECA for aerospace apprentice eduction.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thats a good information. I will reach out to them and find information.
To make my point more clear. I do not have a degree but I have trade licenses in aerospace and those are accepted in Canada and all over the world. I certify aircraft before flying. I am trying to find which agency in Canada would do the ECA for aerospace apprentice eduction.
If you are a licensed AME then you go through Transport Canada. All aircraft licensing is at the federal level so transport Canada.

Reactions: RNSS