14-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
File Transfer...
19-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Hello all,

I am in process of filling out and organizing my application to sponsor my husband. Rather than just putting all of my proof of relationship in an envelope I have organized them. What I have done is while answering the questions on the forms I have refferred to these proofs. For example, if I was talking about the banquet hall we booked for our wedding I wrote something like
"XYZ Banquet hall was booked for our wedding (see Appendix 1)". Appendix 1 then consisted of a copy of the hall's receipt and a caption stating exactly what was shown. I have done this for photographs, plane tickets, call logs and so on. Is this ok? Is it ok to refer to the proof we are providing in the questions we are answering? Or should I just get rid of the "appendix" titles and just provide the proofs with an explanation of what they are (rather than connecting them to their place in my answers)?

I hope that makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Most people put the evidence in a separate pile after the application forms, and do not attach each piece of evidence to a specific form. For one thing, some evidence can be used for more than one question.

You do not have to create an appendix. You do not have to refer in your answers to the specific appendix with the proof for that question. However, you can do so if you want: the visa officer may ignore the appendix or any table of contents, and just go through the evidence, but having an appendix or table of contents is also a way to help you as you are organizing the application. If you do decide to keep what you have done, make sure the caption is written right on the piece of evidence (unless doing so would damage it, such as your marriage certificate).

shk90

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
File Transfer...
19-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Thank you for your reply. I think I'm going to do it just so I can stay sane and keep it organized. I am captioning EVERYTHING!