+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Createa new Express Entry account - old one not under my control

alaiu

Jul 14, 2015
So, I made the mistake of applying through a specific agent (5 letters, based in India, frequently bashed in these forums).
They're extremely incompetent and I no longer want to use their services.

I had applied to EE (via this agent). Subsequently I got a PNP invite. Applied to that as well. However, I never received the AOR (it's been 3 months now). My suspicion is that they failed to send the application on time (even though I had given them everything weeks before the deadline).

The problem is I don't know what to do since the CIC account isn't under my control. This agent is not even willing to send me any details about my CIC account.

I do not want to work with them anymore. What are my options here?

Is it against the rules to create a new Express Entry profile? Since I do not have access to the existing CIC account, I cannot disable or delete it.

Do the rules allow for me to have another active account at the same time?
Would really appreciate some advice from you guys.

Thanks.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Go ahead make a new profile.

alaiu

Jul 14, 2015
Hey, thanks for the input.

I'm just curious... if that's the case, what stops someone to make multiple profiles and applywith all of them?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alaiu said:
Hey, thanks for the input.

I'm just curious... if that's the case, what stops someone to make multiple profiles and applywith all of them?
Nothing.

Except the possibility of CIC finding out that the same passport number has received and applied with multiple ITAs and barring them for trying to defraud the system. And the futility of creating multiple profiles in the first place because the number of profiles makes no difference to the chances of landing an ITA - only the CRS matters which will remain the same across multiple profiles.

In your case, send emails to your agent informing them that you wish to terminate their services and save their response as proof to CIC at a later date, if required. Use IMM5476 to cancel the appointment of said representative - you will need their signature for the form to be valid though. After doing all this, get into the pool and wait for a PT/ITA and explain the situation (along with all other evidence of non-cooperation from the agent) to convince CIC that you aren't attempting to defraud the system by having more than 1 active profile in the pool.

Also, consider mentioning the name of that incompetent agent so that others will be forewarned. Always name and shame. No point in being anonymous about this.

All the best!

alaiu

Jul 14, 2015
Thank you so much. I'll follow your advice then. :)
The only reason I didn't reveal the name is because I didn't ant complications if they stumbled upon this post. Hopefully everything is sorted out quick.

Thank you again

thenumbiceman

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2015
Doc's Request.
~
AOR Received.